This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else feel more addicted to collecting games than playing them?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone else feel more addicted to collecting games than playing them?

User Info: liquidblue4

liquidblue4
5 years ago#21

That's hard to do if you're like me, who walks into a store and get about 6 different titles...and come back the next day and get a few more. Like just last week I got 3 games for the Wii, 4 for the DS, 4 for the 3DS, 5 for my PS2, 1 for my PS3, and about 8 or 9 Xbox 360 titles....plus a PS1 and Dreamcast title I'm waiting for in the mail....and that's a typical week. Have every intention on playing and beating them all, but never have the time, lol.

you just need to stop buying games then.
just pick out one or 2 that you want and get them, beat them, and then get the rest.
i've picked up 6 or 7 games in the last month and chose to skip some other games.
believe me, they'll be there when you want them.
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4

User Info: shinobisBACK

shinobisBACK
5 years ago#22
yup collector here, i only buy games that i have interest in playing in the future tho

User Info: almasbaby

almasbaby
5 years ago#23
pakathecat posted...
almasbaby posted...
It's compulsive behavior. It's deep rooted and tough to overcome. Evolutionary psychologists say we inherited it from our ancestors.

This is what I believe as well, I realize it is a compulsive hoarding instinct when I'm doing it. But... given how stressful my work is, that I live frugally otherwise, I ask myself, why not? If it gives me some happiness and doesn't harm anybody else, isn't it a good thing? I know that part of Buddhist philosophy too, and see a good amount of wisdom in Buddhism, but at the same time, if I did not have desires to strive for, I think I would feel, I dunno-- empty, maybe? Perhaps it gives me some purpose (other than my job) in an otherwise purposeless life?

If you get happiness from something, of course it's a good thing. But I really wrestle with my hoarding instincts. I buy stuff I never use just because I'm overwhelmed with a feeling that I've just got to have it. I think I'd be happier if I had more self control. Self mastery is something I believe is a worthwhile pursuit that leads to greater happiness. But I agree that until I have that self mastery (if I ever do) I shouldn't stress over it. That never helps.

User Info: BuckVanHammer

BuckVanHammer
5 years ago#24
my problem really isn't collecting its that i like nearly all genres and theres just too much to keep up. now i just focus on a few genres for awhile then switch it up and catch up an what i missed.
after I leave here I'm gettin a memory enema

User Info: thetrueoskar

thetrueoskar
5 years ago#25
Yes. =(

I have about a hundred PS2 games alone, 9/10ths of which have never even been opened to put into the machine...

But I'm getting better! Mostly because I won't have a choice pretty soon.
thetrueoskar-Yeah... she tolerated me a couple times a day.
Xshu-I don't care for that phrasing.

User Info: Raziel-Freya

Raziel-Freya
5 years ago#26
LOL yeah! I have almost 200 games for 360 and I only played like 50, and 40+ XBLA titles and I have only played like 10 S:

User Info: Iwantedzero

Iwantedzero
5 years ago#27
Not REALLY, but I do find it hard to get rid of games because I might want to play it again later.
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/615/zeropoem.jpg

User Info: MouthBreather82

MouthBreather82
5 years ago#28
yup im the same way have 50 or so disc games with about 80% of those either being unopened or less than 1 hr played...only games i completed this gen haxe been dead space, re5, dantes inferno and 3d dot game heroes..almost forgot i also finished frontlines campaign aswell

last gens backlog is worse yet

User Info: runuts27

runuts27
5 years ago#29
I'm poor so I don't have this problem :D
I'm interested in this...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone else feel more addicted to collecting games than playing them?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived