This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you manage your retail games collection when it gets big?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How do you manage your retail games collection when it gets big?

User Info: JigSawX

JigSawX
5 years ago#1
After a while what do you do to manage your collection?

User Info: Frisco557

Frisco557
5 years ago#2
I put the games I'm playing near my 360(sorted into racing and not racing) and the rest on a dvd rack against the wall.
The real Frisco is dead. He was a good dog who loved car rides.

User Info: Brucebee

Brucebee
5 years ago#3
trade in the ones you dont play

User Info: BuckVanHammer

BuckVanHammer
5 years ago#4
i sell what i dont play anymore. i've saved all my previous gens games and systems since the nes days and i rarely dig them out and set them up to play anymore. Now I sell my games so someone else can enjoy them instead of me hording them. I just ask myself would i play this 10 years from now and only a handful from this gen have i believed the answer was yes to that question. I save my classic gen stuff so my kids can have a chance to experience them, but if i didn't have kids i'd probably sell that stuff to. I dont see the point in having stuff that im not going to every use or play again just to say I own them.
after I leave here I'm gettin a memory enema

User Info: _SCOTSLAD

_SCOTSLAD
5 years ago#5
I have an elaborate rope & pulley system. All the games acre clipped onto the rope via clothes pegs.
Simply pull the ropes and they all go past, pick the one off I want, clip back on when done.
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."

User Info: LikeTheSalt

LikeTheSalt
5 years ago#6
Brucebee posted...
trade in the ones you dont play

This. I only allow my self so much room on a DVD rack. One row for PS3 games and two rows for Xbox games. Once I start running out of room, I trade in the games I know I'll likely never play again.
GT: like the salt / PSN: LikeTheSalt
"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

User Info: hrj

hrj
5 years ago#7
Games are the last thing on my mind when it gets big.
PSN/GT - Hennaboy

User Info: HHM_HHU

HHM_HHU
5 years ago#8
I start to trade games in if my collection gets too big.
I don't like having a big collection, unless it is a collection of a series.
If I have a bunch of games that are all different then I decide which ones i want and which ones I won't miss. Sometimes I am wrong but most of the time I never really miss games i trade in.
I own and love all three current systems!
(MGO - he-hate-me/ Ash_Apocalypse)

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
5 years ago#9
I get those DVD cases that hold 6 or 7 discs, put the games in one of those, then print a cover showing all the games inside. After that, I just store the old boxes in the closet.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: BodilyFluids69

BodilyFluids69
5 years ago#10
i put the exclusives in one pile, and the multiplats in the other...

... i have one pile.
- You're wealthy and date "hot" chicks, yet you live on Gamefaqs? lol, no you don't.
- GameFAQs: Land of the atheist game-addicts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How do you manage your retail games collection when it gets big?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived