This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deus Ex Human Revolution or Dead Island?????

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Deus Ex Human Revolution or Dead Island?????

User Info: PDAWG27

PDAWG27
6 years ago#1
What is the general consensus? I want to buy one game (I have Gears of War 3 and ICO & Shadow of the Colossal Collection preorder) but they don't come out until late September. Would you recommend I purchase Deus Ex Human Revolution now or preorder Dead Island? Thank you for any feedback.
PSN: Leatherface17
XBL: Leatherface17

User Info: SSJGrimReaper

SSJGrimReaper
6 years ago#2
If you have friends to play it with then Dead Island. If not, get Deux Ex.
Big Apple, 3 A.M.

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
6 years ago#3
Dead Island isn't out yet.
Come back in a week.

User Info: andru04

andru04
6 years ago#4
both :-)

PDAWG27
6 years ago#5
I know that it isn't out until September 6. But if there is any insight to the game based on previews or anything I could still get the preorder bonuses for Dead Island. I didn't want to ask this question on either of the games boards boards due to answers being biased. Thanks again everyone.

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
6 years ago#6
Well, Dead Island looks good, and the initial response from many professional sites seem to be positive.
I seriously doubt that it will rate as high as Deus Ex, but if you like zombies, then it will definitely be worth it to pick it up.
I already have mine pre-ordered.

PDAWG27
6 years ago#7
Yeah I heard Deus Ex was really good. I do love killing zombies and Dead Island looks like a lot of fun. I never have trouble picking between 2 games but this is tough....lol.

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
6 years ago#8
wait another week for the DI reviews to come out and see.

DXHR is currently my GOTY.
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Deus Ex: HR - Infamous 2

User Info: f0rca

f0rca
6 years ago#9
Unless you absolutely must pre-order, I would wait for reviews of dead island to start coming out before choosing. I myself am deciding whether or not to buy dead island, my favorite game is dead rising, so dead island really interests me but I just can't commit lol.

For what it's worth, Deus ex is great haven't finished it yet, but if you played and liked the previous games, you'll probably love this one.

User Info: I_suk_at_golf

I_suk_at_golf
6 years ago#10
Wait a bit too see how Dead Island turns out and if the 360 gets any patches for DX.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/clearman11/dalygal.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Deus Ex Human Revolution or Dead Island?????

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived