This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

720p vs 1360x768 (Native Resolution)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 720p vs 1360x768 (Native Resolution)

User Info: _SCOTSLAD

_SCOTSLAD
5 years ago#11

If his Samsung is anything like my old 720p Samung, he can't change a damn thing to really make the picture look better while in PC mode. It looks terrible. And 720p overscanned even in Just Scan, well, for obvious reasons. I ended up just using 1080p, with game mode on. Which I found a way to alter it's settings in the service menu, to look half decent. Samsung's are horrible TV's for gaming, flat out.

While I am not trying to argue with you but I have both my TV's looking fantastic over VGA. While you might have had a bad experience with Samsung I do love mine :D

My problem when running on HDMI the colours are too bright and over saturated reds sure you can tone it down a bit like I said a nice tweek and all is good.

Anyway we don't know what Samsung he is running to speculate if it's good or not.
Touch ane, touch a'

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
5 years ago#12

You can get rid of the 'washed' look from running @ 1360 x 768 by simply calibrating the TV

If his Samsung is anything like my old 720p Samung, he can't change a damn thing to really make the picture look better while in PC mode. It looks terrible. And 720p overscanned even in Just Scan, well, for obvious reasons. I ended up just using 1080p, with game mode on. Which I found a way to alter it's settings in the service menu, to look half decent. Samsung's are horrible TV's for gaming, flat out.

You can still set a few things in the 360 settings though. I have a TV that is like that too, when using VGA. But it looks good if I set the color to expanded or something like that in the 360 video settings.
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence

User Info: iceman505

iceman505
5 years ago#13
True, with out knowing the model number we can only speculate. I did eventually grow to at least like the TV, it's just that I had to go through so much crap to get it that way. Still amazed that even with an AVS forum guy helping me out, I didn't royally screw something up in the service menu.
RIP Red Faction 2001-2011.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 720p vs 1360x768 (Native Resolution)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived