This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trophy noise / count is so much sweeter than achievement notification / score

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Trophy noise / count is so much sweeter than achievement notification / score

User Info: XFactor1

XFactor1
5 years ago#1
Ring it up from downtown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YaQq0qg1Dw
--

User Info: MikeStutter

MikeStutter
5 years ago#2
Can I turn off trophie notifications? I know I can achievements.

User Info: snoopymark

snoopymark
5 years ago#3
It's right up there on my ''to-do'' list, right after writing in this topic.
GT - snoopydoggy

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
5 years ago#4
Trophy noise / count is so much sweeter than achievement notification / score

It sounds like somebody dropping a plate.
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
5 years ago#5
I've finally stopped caring about achievements. I admit, for a while I was into the whole number score thing, and the pop up/noise was always kind of satisfying, but now I have no idea what my GS is.

I was just never into trophies. Maybe if they'd implemented some sort of visible "trophy shelf" or something, but all you get is a list which is effectively just a "percentage done" for each game, and it always takes forever to load that list...it's just tedious to try and get any kind of summary feeling from it all.
X360: RockYouMonkeys
Now Reading: The Shadow Rising, R. Jordan

User Info: XFactor1

XFactor1
5 years ago#6
^ Do you even own a PS3? There is a visible trophy shelf in your profile that counts how many of each trophy you have on different tiers.
--

User Info: Kcrack

Kcrack
5 years ago#7
A topic comparing the "chirp" noise you get when earning achievements/trophies. A new low?
Now celebrating 10 years at GameFaqs. Woo.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
5 years ago#8

^ Do you even own a PS3? There is a visible trophy shelf in your profile that counts how many of each trophy you have on different tiers.

I do and I don't even know where I would go to look at them. On the 360 I get an achievement, you press the guide button as you're getting it and you can look at what you have and need to get. Or you can ignore it.

I like the idea of the Platnium trophies, but I don't care enough about any of the PS3 exclusives to bother getting them (relax it's nothing against PS3 exclusives, the only MS exclusive I cared enough to get achievements is the Halo games).
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence

User Info: themerlin

themerlin
5 years ago#9
Wow i think i am going to buy a PS3 now.
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.

User Info: Obtik

Obtik
5 years ago#10
I actually thought that noise was horribly lame.. it literally sounded like I was picking up a coin on NES
If you want peace, prepare for war!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Trophy noise / count is so much sweeter than achievement notification / score

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived