This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

character wont stand still on screen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. character wont stand still on screen

User Info: kst8er

kst8er
6 years ago#1
alan wake, mass effect 2 and dragon age are the worst games for this but as soon as i let off the thumb sticks while playing the game my character starts slowly walking to the left or right. is there a fix to it or do i just need a new controller?
"I consider myself an artist, but I would give it all up for a boatload of money" Jim Gaffigan

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
6 years ago#2
I just buy new controllers. Sucks. I've gone through so many already.

I usually buy a couple if I see them for $35 with the play and charge included (I don't use the P&C but I like getting extra batteries to use with Quick Charge) and when one dies I have an extra ready.
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence

User Info: Kanokare

Kanokare
6 years ago#3
Yup some games have a huge dead zone and some games have the smallest of dead zones :/ I hated how I kept moving too soon on Eternal Sonata cause my left stick was not in neutral.
XBL / PSN - Kanokare // Steam - Shannaro
3DS - Kanokare 1289-8224-7448 // Wii - 7539 2861 8425 1344

kst8er
6 years ago#4
can i fix it if i take the controller apart and replace some of the internal workings?
"I consider myself an artist, but I would give it all up for a boatload of money" Jim Gaffigan

User Info: kennyffx

kennyffx
6 years ago#5
ah so the 360 does have flaws

i've been thinking ever since this generation started that the 360 has the best controller!

well it still is :). soo damn nice and slick pro
PSN: kennyffx
My guys always move slowly forward. I think UFC killed my sticks.
"I'd bet [Joe] Johnson knows he's not a max player, but doesn't want to spoil the surprise." - The Beginning

kst8er
6 years ago#7
kennyffx posted...
ah so the 360 does have flaws

i've been thinking ever since this generation started that the 360 has the best controller!

well it still is :). soo damn nice and slick pro

its the only flaw of the 360!!!!!

User Info: MissAllSunday

MissAllSunday
6 years ago#8
Controllers wear out because you're having so much fun. It's a good sign when you think about it...

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
6 years ago#9
Seems more an issue with some games. I remember with my PS2 that one of the Xenosaga games was really bad about it. I seem to remember reading that holding down a direction on the controller when the game started up could sometimes throw off the centering or something, but that was a long time back, not for the 360.

User Info: Lethalbutters

Lethalbutters
6 years ago#10
Lucky. Both my sticks do that. Playin fallout and my guys just like "whaaaaat isss thaaaaat uupp theeeir"
Best Bands: The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, Oceano.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. character wont stand still on screen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived