This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to cancel auto-renewal

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How to cancel auto-renewal

User Info: TurcotteIV

TurcotteIV
5 years ago#1
My *FOURTH* 360 has started to "overheat" within 15-20 minutes of being on. It just started randomly, never had a problem before that day. Now it's literally unplayable. Got the "your XBOX Live auto-renewal" email and tried to look on their site how to cancel, and found out you need to call them. After my fourth failed attempt at buying something from them I don't really feel like sitting here and have someone try and talk me into staying. Why is calling them the only way to cancel? Is there any other way? I have until Nov 1st.
"I've got you beat. I had to put my son's swing set/jungle-gym together today. I pulled this off without killing anyone." - dirkdiggler

User Info: ARsignal11

ARsignal11
5 years ago#2
Just call them. It's the only way. I literally did so just the other day and while they will try to entice you with an offer of Gold for just $34.99 or something, just keep your stance and they will do it. And no, it doesn't take forever to get past the automated machines and talk to someone - it took me literally 3-4 minutes. And the woman I personally spoke to was nice about it (though I guess there are probably some mean people out there as well).

User Info: ARsignal11

ARsignal11
5 years ago#3
Just call them. It's the only way. I literally did so just the other day and while they will try to entice you with an offer of Gold for just $34.99 or something, just keep your stance and they will do it. And no, it doesn't take forever to get past the automated machines and talk to someone - it took me literally 3-4 minutes. And the woman I personally spoke to was nice about it (though I guess there are probably some mean people out there as well).

User Info: code_of_conduct

code_of_conduct
5 years ago#4
In the UK, you can disable auto-renewal via the website.
Forza 4!
Silent Hill: Downpour and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

User Info: stav8

stav8
5 years ago#5
Tell them your cancelling because your fourth system has died amd tell them youre not buying another xbox, hence reason for cancelling. They may offer you a free repair to entice you into staying. Take it then cancel when you get the xbox back

User Info: Renamon

Renamon
5 years ago#6
Despite popular rumor, calling MS will not cause the world to implode, the sun to stop shining, or Jack the Ripper to come and murder you.
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How to cancel auto-renewal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived