This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield 3 GI review: "best FPS campaign since CoD4" 9.5/10

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Battlefield 3 GI review: "best FPS campaign since CoD4" 9.5/10

User Info: Prealienking

Prealienking
5 years ago#11
I'll judge this for myself tomorrow.

I will take this for a victory. Hopefully this means that I won't be frowning the entire time I play the campaign, like I did with Bad Company 2.
Currently Working on -
Warning: all posts after Midnight Central Time are a form of natural high that occurs due to lack of sleep.

User Info: TimberWolfBobby

TimberWolfBobby
5 years ago#12
creepjack posted...
Joystiq are the trolls of the video game reviews business. I don't care what they say.

Wow. So far from the truth it's laughable. I trust their reviews, and prefer them over any other website/publication.
"maybe its time to change your name to timberwolfrobert" - brunbbmerc
GT: TenaciousBobby

User Info: CapnStanky

CapnStanky
5 years ago#13
Comparing a campaign to a series of games with terrible campaigns isnt reassuring.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
5 years ago#14
Honestly, CoD4 was the last CoD game with a campaign I didn't think was laughably over the stop and melodramatic to the point of wanting to choke myself to death on the stars and stripes.

CoD4 had a gritty storyline that did a much better job as suspending your disbelief. It was about a single rogue agent and his actions thoughout several decades to try and topple the west. That's believable.

Finding a single russian nut ball succeeding in instigating an invasion of the United States which could only be foiled by a high atmosphere nuclear detonation instigated by one rogue British former SAS operative was just ridiculous.
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."

User Info: Siege

Siege
5 years ago#15
Gametrailers said that it was done before and only at 5 hours, how can it be the best since CoD4? If sounds a lot like BLOPS.
Causing drama for the moderators since December 2000.

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
5 years ago#16
IGN gave the 360 version a 9.0.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Battlefield 3 GI review: "best FPS campaign since CoD4" 9.5/10

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived