The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i feel like my HDMI port must be fried or something

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. i feel like my HDMI port must be fried or something

User Info: ilikemilkmmm

ilikemilkmmm
5 years ago#1
i try to connect it to my 720p TV, blank screen. ive tried holding down Y when it starts to reset the settings, i found some others online with the same problem who fixed it blindly by using certain button combos to change resolution, didnt work for me. i know the cables not busted cause i tested it with my computer

i guess im destined to play crappy 480p and its depressing me :( . do you need a xbox brand hdmi cable or something?

User Info: bigshot2000

bigshot2000
5 years ago#2
my friend has a similar problem. though he is able to play 1080p on small tv sets, when he goes to a larger tv, same cable, xbox, it just gives a black screen no matter what we do. maybe you should email microsoft or get a new xbox
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!

User Info: MNSpectre

MNSpectre
5 years ago#3
Are you holding down Y and Right Trigger as described in the support article?

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/troubleshoot/kb/xbox-kb-911059

User Info: ilikemilkmmm

ilikemilkmmm
5 years ago#4
yeah i did all that, held it till it restarted etc. i just dont know if its automatically setting it to 1080p when it detects hdmi, and i just suck at blind menu scrolling, or if it just doesnt work.

User Info: Dipfoot20

Dipfoot20
5 years ago#5
ilikemilkmmm posted...
yeah i did all that, held it till it restarted etc. i just dont know if its automatically setting it to 1080p when it detects hdmi, and i just suck at blind menu scrolling, or if it just doesnt work.

It's this.

find a TV with 1080p so you can change the display or figure out the blind menu scrolling method and it should work.
How can number 2 be number 1?
Because I'm the $#!^. - Childish Gambino
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. i feel like my HDMI port must be fried or something

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived