This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hydro Thunder or Trials HD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Hydro Thunder or Trials HD?

User Info: NeWsKiLLz

NeWsKiLLz
5 years ago#11
I have a suspicion people that just say Trials have only played Trials. Not saying it is not a good game, but certainly not for everybody. Demo each game for yourself.

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
5 years ago#12
NeWsKiLLz posted...
I have a suspicion people that just say Trials have only played Trials. Not saying it is not a good game, but certainly not for everybody. Demo each game for yourself.

No, I played a ridiculous amount of Trials, and I dl'ed the demo for Hydro Thunder and was totally bored long before it ended. As for someone mentioning multi-player, really how many players are in Hydro these days? Trials doesn't have MP but it does have friends leaderboards.

User Info: NeWsKiLLz

NeWsKiLLz
5 years ago#13
There are still people playing Hydro Thunder online and don't forget local multiplayer. It is one of the best casual multiplayer experiences I have had on xbox 360. Trials is nice and something different, but after spending 10 minutes on an expert track just trying to get up a 1 hill I asked myself why I was even playing it and never went back. This is where I will be attacked for my lack of skillz, but the game is supposed to be difficult so I don't care. hah

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
5 years ago#14
NeWsKiLLz posted...

I've played both and am a fan of Hydro Thunder (original arcade, Dreamcast, and the new game), but Trials HD is one of the best arcade titles I've played.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: dannyaq

dannyaq
5 years ago#15
I absolutely loved trials, but like the other guy said, it isn't for everybody. it is very much a trial and error game. I found out the hard way the maximum amount of times you can fail a course is 500 beofr eit automatically restarts you. That said. I did beat every course which seemed impossible at first, but by the end I thought to myself how did I ever doubt I could beat this game.

also the sequel is coming out, I thought soon, but they have been saying that for a while now, so who knows it might come out with the summer of arcade promotion. it could be a while and given the success of the original, I imagine they would wait for one of those big promotions where they have big games releasing like 4 weeks in a row.

play the trial, if you do like the trial, then absolutely get it.
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

User Info: Megaguts

Megaguts
5 years ago#16
Trials HD hands down.
GT: ConfederateRokr
You should go vegan, more meat for me.

User Info: TehUnibonger

TehUnibonger
5 years ago#17
hydro thunder always has people online, it's the best xbla racing game that i can think of

User Info: shinobisBACK

shinobisBACK
5 years ago#18
definitely trials hd. that game is crack. hydro thunder not so much, been there done that type of thing i guess.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Hydro Thunder or Trials HD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived