This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does the old HD-DVD player still work on the Xbox 360 slim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Does the old HD-DVD player still work on the Xbox 360 slim?

User Info: DAH_Joe

DAH_Joe
5 years ago#1
I'm thinking about buying it now since I find that Blu-Ray movies are way more expensive.
Check profile for contacts.

User Info: koichi

koichi
5 years ago#2
shop at amazon. blue ray movies are as expensive as dvds instore.
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)

User Info: zelgamerguy

zelgamerguy
5 years ago#3
Yeah but no new movies come out for it though. >_> My yeah wasn't to say it does still work. That I'm unsure of.
10 OCTOBER 2008 http://www.facebook.com/ZELGAMER
GT: z3lgam3r

DAH_Joe
5 years ago#4
I do shop on Amazon, that's how I would get the HD-DVD player. I want to buy it so the movies that are available to purchase on the HD-DVD, I can get it at an amazing price.

So, does it work on the Xbox 360 slim or not?

User Info: Lozh900

Lozh900
5 years ago#5
Yes I have the 250gb slim and the HD-DVD player hooked up and it works just fine. I use it to play dvd's so as not to burn out the xbox's main laser. :-)
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill
PSN : JenovaRebirth

DAH_Joe
5 years ago#6
Lozh900 posted...
Yes I have the 250gb slim and the HD-DVD player hooked up and it works just fine. I use it to play dvd's so as not to burn out the xbox's main laser. :-)

That's a very smart idea, but I would only use my dad's Blu-Ray player for the DVDs. That way I don't have to burn out the laser for my HD-DVD player. ;)

Thanks for the infomation.

User Info: triple s

triple s
5 years ago#7
So you actually have a Blu Ray player? Investing in an HD-DVD player is pointless.
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09

User Info: killak

killak
5 years ago#8
I can also confirm that it works fine.

Pity that it's white.

*gets black texta*
"You know, I actually like this game...."
*AN AGENT_GREER HAS APPEARED*.........

DAH_Joe
5 years ago#9
triple s posted...
So you actually have a Blu Ray player? Investing in an HD-DVD player is pointless.

I have an Xbox 360, so what? It's just $20 for the player. That's almost as much as one Blu-Ray movie. lol

User Info: killak

killak
5 years ago#10
Can also be dirt cheap getting HD-DVDs and they're easily of similar quality to blu-ray, if not better on some movies.

For example, I got the Bourne trilogy on HD-DVD, for 7 bucks brand new. Matrix trilogy for 10 dollars.....and so on.

If you can score a bunch of cheap movies, the player is well worth it. I gotta be honest, I have 2 of em.
"You know, I actually like this game...."
*AN AGENT_GREER HAS APPEARED*.........
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Does the old HD-DVD player still work on the Xbox 360 slim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived