This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is xbox constantly buffering on netflix??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. why is xbox constantly buffering on netflix??

User Info: bassage

bassage
5 years ago#11
DamnEvilDog posted...
Thats odd, I was watching Netflix on the PS3 and had to stop and switch to the 360 cause I was having trouble with it going low rez and buffering

May I suggest deleting and redownloading the app? I've done that before on the PS3 when Netflix was acting up, might work for you on the 360? I would have done that with my PS3 but I wanted to watch stuff right away x3

I'll give that a try.

User Info: NeoGeoXSega

NeoGeoXSega
5 years ago#12
There are ports to open for netflix to help this.
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX

User Info: TwoNumbThumbs

TwoNumbThumbs
5 years ago#13
Try wired. Should buffer less.
Forgive me. I have a bleeding heart for gaming.
Official Weeping Angel of the Doctor Who boards

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
5 years ago#14
I had this exact problem. My router was bad. Bought a new one and I haven't had any buffering issues since

User Info: ZosKiaCultus

ZosKiaCultus
5 years ago#15
I dunno dude, 3mb's down a sec here, never an issue.
http://i.imgur.com/fCvCX.gif George is gettin' upset!
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided

bassage
5 years ago#16
ZosKiaCultus posted...
I dunno dude, 3mb's down a sec here, never an issue.

Well, I get about 30, so that's not the problem. If your internet is that crazy slow and you're not having the issue, then it's the XBOX.

User Info: HeadScan

HeadScan
5 years ago#17
The only time I get buffers is when I use my wireless connection. But when I hard wire it straight from my router, I never get any issues. I would say make sure you don't have any downloads, or uploads going. And make sure your router is locked so your neighbors aren't leeching your net.

User Info: Zelda_wood_elf

Zelda_wood_elf
5 years ago#18
bassage posted...
I am using cable internet and it is definitely a good speed, but, like I said, I am using a router and running the XBOX with wi-fi. NOTHING else is on, just the XBOX. The problem must be with the XBOX because the PS3 and my old PC in the living room both use the same wi-fi and run Netflix perfectly. Never any pausing. Also, the XBOX didn't always act like this, it just started doing this recently. I just don't know what is causing it.

I tried watching netflix on xbox yesterday could not dol it constant buffering, it never did this before I don't know what's going on but I can watch netflix on my cell phone no problem.

I prefer to watch it on my tv so if this is not fixed I will cancel.

bassage
5 years ago#19
I reinstalled the netflix app and it didn't fix it. Some of the people responding here with tips about my connection aren't reading. I said before that netflix works PERFECTLY on my PS3 and on my old PC, and also on my wife's laptop. All of those are using the same wi-fi connection. It's only the XBOX that's doing this and it just started recently. There are no other downloads going on, my wi-fi is locked, that' not the problem.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I think I know exactly when this started. When that last update came out about 2 weeks ago, I immediately noticed that everything on the dashboard loaded slower. Friends list, demos, ads, the store, everything. Also when I scroll through my queue on Netflix, my selections take forever to load. Every time I flip the page I have to stare at gray boxes for 20 seconds until the pictures load.

Netflix worked just fine before this update. Somehow that update screwed something up and I have no idea what.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. why is xbox constantly buffering on netflix??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived