This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just was curious about some game price increses.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just was curious about some game price increses.

User Info: IceteaCrisis

IceteaCrisis
4 years ago#1
Alright well first off this is not meant to start some anti GameStop thing going. I am just honestly wondering

I was just looking at GameStop's website at the recent price drops, and i thought for sure Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition was 20 dollars new, but it comes up 30 and that is after a price drop it seems the DLC is on Disc, and i was thinking of grabbing it in a few weeks, but not for 30

Also the first Prototype is 25 used when as a few weeks ago it seemed to be around 15

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is down to 19.99
so that dropped Final Fantasy XIII to 15 where as before i noted it was 9 dollars at the end of last year.

Other then my assumed reasoning that GameStop is trying to squeeze a little more out of an older game when the newer version comes out is there any real reason this happens?

I have also seen Velvet Assassin go from 10 dollars to 15 dollars, so it has not always been because a newer title is coming out.

So i was just curious if there was any real reason other then GameStop trying to sneak a few dollar out of a sale? Do older games actually rise in popularity? I know it happens with some limit run games, but something like Velvet Assassin? while a neat game i did not notice any rise in popularity for it.

User Info: HaloODSTD

HaloODSTD
4 years ago#2
Halo 3 went from $4.99 to $19.99

O_O
GFAQs, where guys get off by correcting other people.
GT: Jessica Jung xo

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
4 years ago#3
The new games you talk about, those were sales prices I think? So it makes sense to restore the prices, then they can lower them again at Thanksgiving and Xmas.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: este914

este914
4 years ago#4
Its just their way of cashing in on crazes. They raised the price of RE:ORC recently back to $34.99 after it was below $20 some weeks ago. (because RE6 is out now, to try and make more $$ with that too)
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#5
este914 posted...
Its just their way of cashing in on crazes. They raised the price of RE:ORC recently back to $34.99 after it was below $20 some weeks ago. (because RE6 is out now, to try and make more $$ with that too)

ORC was on a special sale for 20 bucks.
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

User Info: Geist

Geist
4 years ago#6
Sales, how do they work?

IceteaCrisis
4 years ago#7
Geist posted...
Sales, how do they work?

Ha I know how sales work thanks. While mortal kombat may have been part of a sale I don't think velvet assassin was back then and I also remember Halo 3 being 5 dollars used and is now 20

I don't think Halo three would of been on sale for months and months but now that halo 4 is comming out hm

User Info: gambit444

gambit444
4 years ago#8
It has to do with demand.
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald,

User Info: googler

googler
4 years ago#9
I was wondering the same. I was browsing titles and was surprised to see L4D2 for $45?! And then newer games that one would expect to still be in some demand for much less

IceteaCrisis
4 years ago#10
googler posted...
I was wondering the same. I was browsing titles and was surprised to see L4D2 for $45?! And then newer games that one would expect to still be in some demand for much less

Wow, see this was the reason i started this thread. I had no idea Left 4 Dead was that much.
The platinum hits version is 30 new with DLC that i think is free on the market place. I thought all platinum hits were 20? much less the first Left 4 Dead.

and Left 4 Dead 2 is 30 new 45 used like you said.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just was curious about some game price increses.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived