This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X-COM or Dishonored?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. X-COM or Dishonored?

User Info: HighOnPhazon

HighOnPhazon
4 years ago#21
I've tried to like turn based strategy games, I really have, I have tried over and over again throughout the years and I just cannot get into them.

Plus, strategy games on consoles don't fit, regardless of what people say about the controller. Keyboard + Mouse is best for a tactical strategy game.

Dishonored all the way.
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear

User Info: memphis12

memphis12
4 years ago#22
Quote:I've tried to like turn based strategy games, I really have, I have tried over and over again throughout the years and I just cannot get into them.

Plus, strategy games on consoles don't fit, regardless of what people say about the controller. Keyboard + Mouse is best for a tactical strategy game.

Dishonored all the way.

@HighOnPhazon

I played the original Xcom on PS. Worked perfectly fine.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9

User Info: darkhare

darkhare
4 years ago#23
HighOnPhazon posted...
I've tried to like turn based strategy games, I really have, I have tried over and over again throughout the years and I just cannot get into them.

Dishonored all the way.

i think your confusing rts with tbs, some of the best tbs games are on Nintendo handheld. using a controller as opposed to a kb&m is quite irrelevent.

afterthought: i actualy find it quite funny that many rts games are being relegated to tower defense while tbs games seem to be having a resurgence in popularity.

all my posts are quality, its you reading them that dirties 'em up.

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
4 years ago#24
memphis12 posted...

Agreed. I still have that disc somewhere. When I'd play it at night it would freak out my ex-wife to no end. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)

User Info: memphis12

memphis12
4 years ago#25
Quote:memphis12 posted...

Agreed. I still have that disc somewhere. When I'd play it at night it would freak out my ex-wife to no end. :-)

@Winternova

My disk was scratched back then so i could never get past a certain point.. So id just start over again & again. Couldn't get scratches fixed then (i don't think).

I don't know if its because i was so much younger then but the atmosphere Xcom presented actually made me jump at times.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9

User Info: MR_Soren

MR_Soren
4 years ago#26
I was watching a preview for Dishonored, and it actually looked kinda neat.

Wife: That looks a lot like that game with the aqua suit guy.
Me: ???
Wife: With the underwater and stuff...
Me: Bioshock?
Wife: Yeah! That one!

However, no matter how cool Dishonored looks, I know I'll play the **** out of XCOM, and I need a good strategy game for my 360.
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello

User Info: Narwhal7

Narwhal7
4 years ago#27
I just don't know... I loved Civilization Revolution, and Sid Meier's Pirates! But I really wasn't a big fan of Bioshock, yet Dishonored resembles it so well. I do like Dishonored's combat, and the stealthy gameplay...
"i almoat poop myself last night playing daed space" -XTGhost85 GT: Mr x Dropzzzzz
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. X-COM or Dishonored?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived