This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

User Info: GOLDILOX

GOLDILOX
4 years ago#341
i'm assuming you mean a candy cab. Your best bet for using a 360 in Cab is to get one that has a VGA input on the monitor chassis. Tri-sync models that are in Blast City or high res cabs like the NOAMI or Net City are a good bet. Then you need to figure out controls and sound. There are different ways around making it work, I use a jamma standard pad-hack box that actually connects straight into my cab's jamma edge and plugs into the 360 controller ports. The 360 has a very crappy VGA output, so I also use a cheap $20 sync stabilizer to keep the signal steady.

There are other ways to get the video to work on a non-VGA cab, but it can be hit or miss depending on the quality of the parts and which cab monitor/chassis you are using.
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...

User Info: Ragnarokxv

Ragnarokxv
4 years ago#342
If I had a cab I would run a pcb. With a console I use an arcade stick and a rotating monitor.

To me a cab is a luxury item, with the intent of having the real arcade experience, and connecting a console or running mame cheapens the experience and defeats the purpose.

Just my interpretation, nothing against those who enjoy their cabs that way.
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??

User Info: BroDudeJaggies

BroDudeJaggies
4 years ago#343
Starting Ginga Force tonight after work.

I can not wait
U.S.A. - The only country known to have dropped nuclear devices on civilians

User Info: GOLDILOX

GOLDILOX
4 years ago#344
Ragnarokxv posted...
If I had a cab I would run a pcb. With a console I use an arcade stick and a rotating monitor.

To me a cab is a luxury item, with the intent of having the real arcade experience, and connecting a console or running mame cheapens the experience and defeats the purpose.

Overall, I agree with you. But when it comes to being able to play the entire 360 arsenal on a cab, well that is pretty sweet too. That's why I do both PCBs and 360/Dreamcast on my cabs. best of both worlds. :)
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...

Ragnarokxv
4 years ago#345
GOLDILOX posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...

Overall, I agree with you. But when it comes to being able to play the entire 360 arsenal on a cab, well that is pretty sweet too. That's why I do both PCBs and 360/Dreamcast on my cabs. best of both worlds. :)

That makes sense, having both pcbs and consoles going would be nice, neglecting pcbs entirely would be a shame though considering someone who already has the cab has already done the hard part of getting into arcade hardware. I think dedicated MAME cabs are silly though.

User Info: Stray_Zero

Stray_Zero
4 years ago#346
Hey guys, if anyone is looking to pick up Akai Katana for cheap at GS, its on sale for $7.49. (1/2 off./Used)

www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/akai-katana/101639
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)

User Info: nightshadeA

nightshadeA
4 years ago#347
Ragnarokxv posted...
GOLDILOX posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...

That makes sense, having both pcbs and consoles going would be nice, neglecting pcbs entirely would be a shame though considering someone who already has the cab has already done the hard part of getting into arcade hardware. I think dedicated MAME cabs are silly though.

i thought MAME cabs were just for show offs til i went to a pizza place that had a cab with 80 capcom games on it and it was official (the splash advert had models for 6 diffrent game companiens starting at 2500 ) and realized how convienient it was and it even had games from the atari type days wish i remebered the name of the company.....
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"

Ragnarokxv
4 years ago#348
Well if I saw a mame cab at a restaurant or bar and it was cheap I would try it no doubt.

User Info: gabrius

gabrius
4 years ago#349
So.... what's everyone been playing lately?

I just had to replace my dead PS3 this week... second one to die in 2 months, ouch.

...but once I redownload it, it might be time for some SSHD ^_^
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius

User Info: McDohl MR

McDohl MR
4 years ago#350
Neptunia, iDOLM@STER... Nothing shmupy since Under Defeat HD. I do have Eschatos sitting around, though... Should probably get on that.
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived