This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is what has become of Rare under Microsoft.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. This is what has become of Rare under Microsoft.

User Info: Zanaki

Zanaki
4 years ago#21
Winternova posted...
Pokenub posted...
Winternova posted...
Rare has made some great games recently...it's just the stuck-up idiot fanboys that can't allow themselves to enjoy them that think Rare isn't good anymore.

Xbox 360 Kinect Sports 11/04/10 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Calorie Challenge 04/26/11 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Midnight Mountain Ski Pack 01/10/12 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Challenge Pack #2 03/01/12 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Basketball Challenge Pack 04/03/12 North America
Xbox 360 Ski Race

you wut? Sports, sports, sports, sports, sports and a racing game.. which is a sport.

Before 2010 they released Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, an average game at best, sucks compared to the originals. Viva pinata is weird and different, but i can get that type of stuff on XBLA through indie devs which tend to be more fun.

And Perfect Dark Zero, a prequel to an awesome game. Shame Zero sucks hard.

The Kinect Sports games are DAMN fun. It's YOUR problem that you're too damn stuck-up to enjoy it.

There pretty good. Fun with friends for a little while, but it doesn't last long, sadly.
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"

User Info: Pokenub

Pokenub
4 years ago#22
RPG_Apostle posted...
Pokenub posted...
Winternova posted...
Pokenub posted...
Winternova posted...
Rare has made some great games recently...it's just the stuck-up idiot fanboys that can't allow themselves to enjoy them that think Rare isn't good anymore.

Xbox 360 Kinect Sports 11/04/10 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Calorie Challenge 04/26/11 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Midnight Mountain Ski Pack 01/10/12 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Challenge Pack #2 03/01/12 North America
Xbox 360 Kinect Sports: Season Two - Basketball Challenge Pack 04/03/12 North America
Xbox 360 Ski Race

you wut? Sports, sports, sports, sports, sports and a racing game.. which is a sport.

Before 2010 they released Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, an average game at best, sucks compared to the originals. Viva pinata is weird and different, but i can get that type of stuff on XBLA through indie devs which tend to be more fun.

And Perfect Dark Zero, a prequel to an awesome game. Shame Zero sucks hard.

The Kinect Sports games are DAMN fun. It's YOUR problem that you're too damn stuck-up to enjoy it.

Sorry, I am a gamer.

No, you're an elitist. There's a very big difference.

Elitist? I think not. Spazzing out in front of a tv which half the time won't recognise your location is NOT a game.
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost

User Info: VOLTBREAKER

VOLTBREAKER
4 years ago#23
Rare's just paying their dos after 6 years of carte blanche....otherwise they would have ended up like SCE Liverpook or Zipper.

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/Microsoft-Games-Studios-Jobs/44366/

Rare recruitin' hard for next gen.
XBL: Jake3103
PSN: Esunalesca http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/16/mass2.jpg

User Info: RPG_Apostle

RPG_Apostle
4 years ago#24
Pokenub posted...
Elitist? I think not. Spazzing out in front of a tv which half the time won't recognise your location is NOT a game.

Says you. That's your definition. Meanwhile, sales say otherwise. Guess what development firms are in the business for? It's not for their health, that's for sure.

There was a time when controllers were the new way to work games. Before that, it was a keyboard.

Times change. Deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.
Dragon Age 2 is the greatest game I've ever played.-Arucard05

User Info: Pokenub

Pokenub
4 years ago#25
RPG_Apostle posted...
Pokenub posted...

Says you. That's your definition. Meanwhile, sales say otherwise. Guess what development firms are in the business for? It's not for their health, that's for sure.

There was a time when controllers were the new way to work games. Before that, it was a keyboard.

Times change. Deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.

Ah now I know where the elitist comment came from. You were self projecting.
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#26
RPG_Apostle posted...
Pokenub posted...

sorry, but the new way to play games is with wii u tablet. if you kept up on it, you would've known this by now.

User Info: zyxomma100

zyxomma100
4 years ago#27
Rare has made 2 of my top 5 games this generation. I think they still have what it takes to make amazing games. Unfortunately, their Kinect titles sold more than their utterly amazing titles.

User Info: RPG_Apostle

RPG_Apostle
4 years ago#28
DeathSoul2000 posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
Pokenub posted...

sorry, but the new way to play games is with wii u tablet. if you kept up on it, you would've known this by now.

My overall point is that games aren't necessarily confined by a traditional "controller" anymore, and that they never necessarily were. Great job missing that.
Dragon Age 2 is the greatest game I've ever played.-Arucard05

User Info: Focian

Focian
4 years ago#29
VOLTBREAKER posted...
Rare's just paying their dos after 6 years of carte blanche....otherwise they would have ended up like SCE Liverpook or Zipper.

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/Microsoft-Games-Studios-Jobs/44366/

Rare recruitin' hard for next gen.

This, really. I have loved Rare for a hell of a long time, but recently? They haven't been putting games out that I am even slightly interested in.

That being said, I would much rather a Game Company that I love survive these tough times making games that sell well but I care not about, than to risk going bust chasing former dreams of colour and creativity.

It may have been a different story if they had not released Kameo, Viva Piñata and N&B earlier this gen, those games each kicked ass!
GT/PSN: Focian-
Like Archery? Try Here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/962934-archery/64399091

User Info: zyxomma100

zyxomma100
4 years ago#30
This, really. I have loved Rare for a hell of a long time, but recently? They haven't been putting games out that I am even slightly interested in.

That being said, I would much rather a Game Company that I love survive these tough times making games that sell well but I care not about, than to risk going bust chasing former dreams of colour and creativity.

It may have been a different story if they had not released Kameo, Viva Piñata and N&B earlier this gen, those games each kicked ass!

This exactly, except he seems to like Kameo a bit more than I did.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. This is what has become of Rare under Microsoft.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived