This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Do you think the new Xbox console will support Blu-Ray?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Poll: Do you think the new Xbox console will support Blu-Ray?

User Info: Travarkoth

Travarkoth
4 years ago#11
Apparently my sarcasm wasn't clear enough.

In their defense, it's very hard to sense sarcasm on the internet most of the time. :P

But I think they either will use, or invent a new type of disc. Perhaps use Holographic Discs? I think they can store up to 1 TB. May be a bit excessive with that much, though?
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#12
I believe there are plenty of rumors stating that the 720 will use bluray. Plus it is pretty much going to be the market standard. I doubt ms will spend the time and money developing a new disc format when they can just use bluray. Especially after whatever money they lost with their investment in Hd dvd.
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?

User Info: DAH_Joe

DAH_Joe
4 years ago#13
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
I believe there are plenty of rumors stating that the 720 will use bluray. Plus it is pretty much going to be the market standard. I doubt ms will spend the time and money developing a new disc format when they can just use bluray. Especially after whatever money they lost with their investment in Hd dvd.

Neither the Wii or Wii U never allowed CDs or DVDs... Don't think blu-ray is a market standard...
Check profile for contacts.

User Info: Reel_Big_Mike

Reel_Big_Mike
4 years ago#14
99% Yes. I really can't think of a scenario where it wouldn't. They won't make a proprietary type of media and they won't use DVDs again. I really doubt MS cares about giving what is likely about a fraction of a penny per disc they make to Sony (along with dozens of other companies).

User Info: Dankuma

Dankuma
4 years ago#15
DAH_Joe posted...

Neither the Wii or Wii U never allowed CDs or DVDs... Don't think blu-ray is a market standard...

It's also not a good idea to think just because Nintendo doesn't do something that it's not market standards. Nintendo follows Nintendo's rules, and it's pretty clear that's a sinking ship. That worked for them for a very long time, but they're being crushed.

I mean, Sony grew to what it was BECAUSE of a Nintendo fail.
I'm an aspiring author, and here is my blog:
http://johnpaulroth.blogspot.com/

User Info: RedFive3

RedFive3
4 years ago#16
Sony pays fees to MS for Windows on Viao PC's, so it is not far fetched that MS would do the same for Blu-Ray.
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.

User Info: Ironcondorz

Ironcondorz
4 years ago#17
MS has a hand in Bluray too.
GameFAQs it's like fantasy football, only with games and consoles.
Support: Rising Star Games and Akai Katana (Cave)

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#18
DAH_Joe posted...

Sorry, that wasn't what I meant I guess. More that games are becoming larger in size and require more space, so blu ray is the easiest and most likely cheapest route to take.
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
4 years ago#19
DAH_Joe posted...

Actually both of them never allowed CDs or DVDs. ;-) Despite that, Blu-ray will be the industry standard; Nintendo's just lagging 10 years behind the rest of the industry again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 years ago#20
Well Sony does own bluray

You shut the hell up! You shut the hell up right now

*sigh*.
Damn instigators doin all dat instigatin'.

Anyway, if they don't use Blu Ray, they'll use something very similar. I find it highly unlikely they'll use a plain old DVD again.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Poll: Do you think the new Xbox console will support Blu-Ray?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived