This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Microsoft stop making original Xbox games backward's compatible since 07

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why did Microsoft stop making original Xbox games backward's compatible since 07

User Info: DAH_Joe

DAH_Joe
4 years ago#1
It sucks, there are a lot of games that Microsoft forgot about making it to the list....

At least they got a lot of the good Xbox games.
Check profile for contacts.

User Info: SoincMetal

SoincMetal
4 years ago#2
I don't know maybe it costed them money to do it and the realized thats not what the wanted to spend money on? I know because i the good games aren't BC.....weird moves by MS.
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892

User Info: VandelayInc

VandelayInc
4 years ago#3
not sure, but i think hd remakes have something to do with it.

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
4 years ago#4
It just wasn't worth the money to make the games playable - emulation isn't easy to do just one generation later. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)

User Info: _OujiDoza_

_OujiDoza_
4 years ago#5
It just wasn't worth the money to make the games playable - emulation isn't easy to do just one generation later. :-)

To be exact, Invidia was entitled to royalties since they provided the chip for original XBOX, and their royalties weren't cheap...not even in the least.

Simply put Invidia charged M$ our of the ass for rights to emulate the old games and after a while M$ just wasn't having any of that.

***note: I only type M$ because I don't feel like typing the whole thing out. Don't like it? **** you :P
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
4 years ago#6
_OujiDoza_ posted...

To be exact, Invidia was entitled to royalties since they provided the chip for original XBOX, and their royalties weren't cheap...not even in the least.

Simply put Invidia charged M$ our of the ass for rights to emulate the old games and after a while M$ just wasn't having any of that.

***note: I only type M$ because I don't feel like typing the whole thing out. Don't like it? **** you :P

lazy *******
Signature OFF
(message deleted)

User Info: popping4it

popping4it
4 years ago#8
why provide a benefit when you can be a scumbag like sony and piece meal each bc game and sell at a profit.
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.

User Info: _OujiDoza_

_OujiDoza_
4 years ago#9
Anyone who uses that "abbreviation" of Microsoft deserves a permanent place on everyone's ignore list for being a complete douchebag.

You should be the first to enact this new rule of yours :)
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
4 years ago#10
_OujiDoza_ posted...

And you can't just type MS?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why did Microsoft stop making original Xbox games backward's compatible since 07

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived