This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How was your Black Friday experience?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How was your Black Friday experience?

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
4 years ago#41
i didn't get 2k13. all out.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#42
CaIiber345 posted...

This is why I don't shop on Black Friday. People are savages.

This. Unless I'm going to save an absolute assload of money, I'm not going to even think about it. I just did all my Christmas shopping on Amazon. Some people get a charge out of the shopping, though, it's like a sport or something.
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd

User Info: Last Vampire

Last Vampire
4 years ago#43
Sucked. I work at Target, and instead of letting people inside in groups of 50-100, they decided to let everybody in at once. There was no plan for getting that many people to the checklanes, and eventually there was a line/mob of people that went around the perimeter of the store 2.5 times. Literally two and a half times. Fights broke out over people trying to get a place in the checkout line. Not even for items, but just a place in line to checkout.

Nevermind all the verbal abuse from entitled middle class ass wipes.
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
4 years ago#44
amazon didnt have much luck either. Most of the games had a waitlist as soon as the games became available. I managed to get Battlefield 3 Premium for $25, missed Forza Horizon and Ratchet and Clank collection but got Forza from the microsoft store instead for $15
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]

User Info: nothingbeast

nothingbeast
4 years ago#45
I got the two games I was going for.

Wal-Mart had WWE 13 for $25 and L.A. Noire for $10.

However, I must say this was the most I got shoved around during Black Friday. The games I wanted were on two different sides of a game display pallet.

I got there early enough to get within arm's length of WWE (the game I wanted more) and as soon as the plastic wrap came off, everyone BUM RUSHED!!! The guy infront of me handed me a copy (super cool of him to do so) and I started heading for the outside of the crowd.

I just kept getting shoved around and had to yell out "PEOPLE!! I'M NOT YOUR COMPETITION ANY MORE!!! FIGHTING ME IS POINTLESS!!!!"

Wandered around to the other side and found a copy of L.A. Noire.
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.

User Info: JRS511

JRS511
4 years ago#46
magemaximus posted...
i didn't get 2k13. all out.

That sucks man. I kind of figured though.
Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones Pt 1 is Album of the Year

User Info: videogameking33

videogameking33
4 years ago#47
Learned a few years ago about going to stores and will never do that again, just bought 6 games offline and got everything I wanted.....so very happy!

Dishonored
Amazing-Spiderman
Sniper Elite V2
007 Legends from Best Buy

Forza Horizon
Assassin's Creed III from MS Store
Currently Playiing: NFS: Most Wanted (360), Socom 4 (PS3), LoZ: SS (Wii)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29

User Info: RycerX

RycerX
4 years ago#48
The best deals this year were from the MS store. If I didn't already have them, I'da jumped all over BL2, AC3 and Forza Horizon. Three games for the price of one, and so soon after launch, can't beat that.

User Info: MestizoFreak

MestizoFreak
4 years ago#49
It went by really well. I only tagged along to help carry a TV my aunt needed. The Walmart had balloon beacons for hot items, and had shelves scattered with more stuff (there were Wiis and DVD players EVERYWHERE). Luckily, I managed to score a MW3-edition wireless headset for $26.

User Info: kaMMakaZZi29

kaMMakaZZi29
4 years ago#50
Great.

I bought the Turtle Beach x12 headset from amazon for $34.99 and Borderlands 2 for $25. No tax and free 2 day shipping because I'm a prime member. No waiting in lines in the cold. Also got the Alien Anthology on blu ray the other day for $19.99.
PSN: kaMMakaZZi9 / XBL: kaMMakaZZi29 / ADD ME!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How was your Black Friday experience?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived