This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate what games I'm getting for christmas this year for the xbox 360:

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Rate what games I'm getting for christmas this year for the xbox 360:

User Info: bronze4v4pro

bronze4v4pro
4 years ago#1
Please note: This is not the annual peeking in closet topic. That will be 2.5 weeks from now.

Also, I do not ever get new games because 60 bucks is way too much for a video game, especially offensive short games that release "season passes" like Borderlands 2, which is a slap in the face to real video game players. I always knew that Gearbox Randy Pitchfork was a corrupt guy, but now I have my proof.

Anyways, I'll probably be getting these games:

dragon age origins ultimate edition (giving vanilla da origins to my sister)

final fantasy 13-2 - Excited because this has towns and fetch quests, which are the backbone of real rpg's.

spider man web of shadows- My parents said they didn't find this game today. I hope they do, its basically Grand Theft Auto but spiderman as the lead character, not lame Niko.

nier- Finally getting this. Its only ten bucks. No idea what to expect.

gears of war 3- I'm probably a sheep getting this, but at least it has a.i. bots in offline mode, which I absolutely love. I respect a game company that puts in effort for offline players.

blue dragon- only 7 bucks. No idea what to expect, either.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six New Vegas 2- They confirmed they got this today. I heard it has a single player mode called "terrorist hunt," which sounds really cool. I also like the idea of local co-op.

Metal Gear Solid HD collection- 5 games in one is a win win. I've heard surprisingly good things about PeaceWalker, which I thought was just a stupid kiddy handheld game but it actually has a lot of content from what I'm told. We'll see. Handheld games are kiddy for a reason.

Battlefield bad company 2 for pc- I'm going to play this pretty much only for the online. I only play 2 older games online so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully I can play with my 6k ping.

Christmas looks like its going to be a swell year. I'm glad I didn't cave in and ask for horrendous games like Portal 2, which is way too short for a purchase, or Dragon Age 2, which is a garbage game from Bioware, or Dragon's Dogma, which is overration at its finest.

User Info: GorillaOnRoof

GorillaOnRoof
4 years ago#2
haha
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.

User Info: GorillaOnRoof

GorillaOnRoof
4 years ago#3
I don't know about the games, but the post gets a 10/10.
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.

User Info: Halochief6

Halochief6
4 years ago#4
Portal 2 is fantastic. I don't know what all this "horrendous" nonsense you speak of is.
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198

User Info: DisturbedIcon

DisturbedIcon
4 years ago#5
I heard Nier was awful. Other than that cool stuff for you kiddo.
Disturbing GameFAQs since 2002...
GamerTag:
Rah514/ PSN: Rah-514

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
4 years ago#6
Metal Gear Solid HD collection is not 5 games in one, it is 3.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Mass Effect 3 MP, Final Fantasy 13 (Don't Laugh)
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Metal Gear Solid HD collection

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
4 years ago#7
Slow gaming season for me. I'm already buying Far Cry 3.

For Christmas I asked for:

WWE 13. Every few years I like to play a wrestling game.

Saints Row 2. I have it in GoD, but I'd like a physical copy for my collection.
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!

User Info: symach

symach
4 years ago#8
bronze4v4pro posted...
Please note: This is not the annual peeking in closet topic. That will be 2.5 weeks from now.

Also, I do not ever get new games because 60 bucks is way too much for a video game, especially offensive short games that release "season passes" like Borderlands 2, which is a slap in the face to real video game players. I always knew that Gearbox Randy Pitchfork was a corrupt guy, but now I have my proof.

Anyways, I'll probably be getting these games:

dragon age origins ultimate edition (giving vanilla da origins to my sister)

final fantasy 13-2 - Excited because this has towns and fetch quests, which are the backbone of real rpg's.

spider man web of shadows- My parents said they didn't find this game today. I hope they do, its basically Grand Theft Auto but spiderman as the lead character, not lame Niko.

nier- Finally getting this. Its only ten bucks. No idea what to expect.

gears of war 3- I'm probably a sheep getting this, but at least it has a.i. bots in offline mode, which I absolutely love. I respect a game company that puts in effort for offline players.

blue dragon- only 7 bucks. No idea what to expect, either.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six New Vegas 2- They confirmed they got this today. I heard it has a single player mode called "terrorist hunt," which sounds really cool. I also like the idea of local co-op.

Metal Gear Solid HD collection- 5 games in one is a win win. I've heard surprisingly good things about PeaceWalker, which I thought was just a stupid kiddy handheld game but it actually has a lot of content from what I'm told. We'll see. Handheld games are kiddy for a reason.

Battlefield bad company 2 for pc- I'm going to play this pretty much only for the online. I only play 2 older games online so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully I can play with my 6k ping.

Christmas looks like its going to be a swell year. I'm glad I didn't cave in and ask for horrendous games like Portal 2, which is way too short for a purchase, or Dragon Age 2, which is a garbage game from Bioware, or Dragon's Dogma, which is overration at its finest.

My Opinion
Dragon Age 10/10
FF 13-2 1/10
Spiderman 5/10
Nier 2/10
Gears 3 9/10
Blue Dragon 2/10
Metal Gear 8/10
Bad Company 8/10

As for Tom Clancy, do yourself a favor anf get the last Splinter Cell instead, I give that one a 9/10
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
(message deleted)

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
4 years ago#10
Due to a lack of time with almost all of those games, I can't rate them, except...

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. They should be able to find it on Amazon or elsewhere online.

If you even remotely enjoyed playing Spider-Man 2, you'll enjoy WoS. Personally I love it as a gamer and a Spidey fan, because it is basically everything SM2 was. Two major complaints among gamers are:

1. Spideys voice actor is pretty cheesy, but a little camp never hurt Spider-Man.
2. End game gets really laggy and glitchy, simply because so much starts happening on-screen at once.
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Rate what games I'm getting for christmas this year for the xbox 360:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived