This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

9 Year Old Girl getting 360 for Christmas

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 9 Year Old Girl getting 360 for Christmas

User Info: RaccoonCity

RaccoonCity
4 years ago#101
Minecraft is on XBOX Live Arcade now. I'd consider picking that up for her. I've heard they were going to make a disc-release, but I have no idea if it's been done yet.
chrisAAMO

User Info: BlueJester007

BlueJester007
4 years ago#102
CTImp posted...
Topics like this always surprise me. As a child my parents never took steps to shield me from most forms of mature content, nor did they with my younger brother. Growing up most of my friends played M rated games and watch R rated movies long before the suggested age too. Yet, on a gaming forum, that I would think would bring in a younger and less strict demographic, the prevailing opinion always seems to be that kids should only experience PG content.

What would I get a 9 year old? Good games. Halo, Mass Effect, Lego games, Nuts & Bolts, or even better the stuff that you enjoy as well.

Best post so far.

I stand by my original statement. Get her The Walking Dead.
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.

User Info: Lord_TenseEye

Lord_TenseEye
4 years ago#103
Little Big Planet....oh wait.

User Info: kyleh614

kyleh614
4 years ago#104
Saints Row 2 and 3

User Info: _OujiDoza_

_OujiDoza_
4 years ago#105
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Little Big Planet....oh wait.

O no U di-int
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 years ago#106
BlueJester007 posted...
CTImp posted...
Topics like this always surprise me. As a child my parents never took steps to shield me from most forms of mature content, nor did they with my younger brother. Growing up most of my friends played M rated games and watch R rated movies long before the suggested age too. Yet, on a gaming forum, that I would think would bring in a younger and less strict demographic, the prevailing opinion always seems to be that kids should only experience PG content.

What would I get a 9 year old? Good games. Halo, Mass Effect, Lego games, Nuts & Bolts, or even better the stuff that you enjoy as well.

Best post so far.

I stand by my original statement. Get her The Walking Dead.

Parenting, don't tell other people how to do it. If they don't want their 9 year old daughter having sex or casually swearing while playing a game, you have to respect that.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
4 years ago#107
As a 12 yr old (or thereabouts) girl, I saw Mortal Kombat for the first time in an arcade, walked up just in time to see Sub-Zero's spine-ripping fatality. It freaked me out a bit, but main reaction- "COOL!!"

Anyways, not all kids like I was (though I still have pink controllers!), so some safer recommendations-

Minecraft
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
The Monkey Island games
Bejeweled 3
Bastion (on No-Sweat mode, anybody can enjoy it)
Viva Pinata - Though in fairness, while very age-appropriate in content, the strategy can be deceptively deep, maybe too much for some children.
Bully - None of the content is THAT bad, some coarse humor and some violence but no killing and sexual content is limited to dating and kissing. It is a pretty easy game, and quite funny at times.

User Info: Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black
4 years ago#108
pothocket posted...
Parenting, don't tell other people how to do it. If they don't want their 9 year old daughter having sex or casually swearing while playing a game, you have to respect that.

And you think sheltering a child is respectable?
I'm the greatest ****er here! And you sniveling ****s would die without me! Ahahaha!

User Info: Jordansgstring

Jordansgstring
4 years ago#109
My little girl is 6, I've got her epic mikey 2, sonic transformed racing and dance central 3, all varied games and definitely suitable for a 9 year old. Plus you can co-op with her on them

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 years ago#110
Lewis_Black posted...
pothocket posted...

And you think sheltering a child is respectable?

And you think parenting is a binary job, ether letting them have everything or nothing?

Or do you not know what "shelter" means? lol, child we have a house to shelter us from the outside world, that means you're never allowed to leave the house ever.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 9 Year Old Girl getting 360 for Christmas

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived