This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the GREATEST moment or memory you have related to video games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What is the GREATEST moment or memory you have related to video games?

User Info: En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur
4 years ago#11
- The Mega Man series on NES.

- Getting my Genesis at Christmas one year as a kid, and playing Sonic, Streets of Rage, and Toejam & Earl.

- Getting my SNES and Street Fighter 2.

- Staying up all night to play Shining Force with friends of mine.

- Discovering Squaresoft RPGs on the SNES like Chrono Trigger.

Those are some of the earlier ones that stand out for me. I always adored Sega/Capcom/Square until this gen...
Playing - too many games to list

User Info: ffgameman

ffgameman
4 years ago#12
Either:

- The three weeks straight I rented Harvest Moon for the SNES. I never could find it in stock locally but I loved that game. Finally, I found it at a Toys R Us in a nearby city.

- The Christmas and following months I received/played FF VII.

- Playing the first few hours of Final Fantasy X the Christmas I received it.

- Memories from hooking up my Dreamcast/Sonic Adventure and various other Dreamcast games (Skies of Arcadia, Grandia III, Crazy Taxi, Power Stone, Jet Grind Radio, NFL/NBA 2K). Such an underrated and forgotten system.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature

User Info: HELZERO

HELZERO
4 years ago#13
PSO
Ghost Recon 2
Chromehounds
Far cry 3

Too epic to explain

User Info: BDza

BDza
4 years ago#14
-My dad coming home from a business trip and tossing me a t-shirt. I unfolded it and realized it was a Sonic 2 t-shirt that you would get from Toys r us for preordering Sonic 2! He had bought it because he made a good chunk of money on the trip and bought everyone something. My first day with Sonic 2 was also a good memory.

-Getting to Wily's final level in Megaman 2 and beating it. Such great chip tunes.

-The months I spent playing FF7 the first time through were very enjoyable and soon after I was hunting down past RPGs I had missed like Chrono Trigger and FF6.

-The day I got my PS2 after waiting overnight outside the store. People on my dorm floor were coming in all day to check it out.

-Playing New Super Mario Bros Wii with my sons for the first time. They had so much to learn about Mario games...like holding the run button all the time.

-Watching my oldest son play Mario Galaxy the first time. It reminded me of when I played Super Mario 3 for the first time at a friends house. That awe look on his face and his jaw half open was probably the same face I made playing through World 1-1 of SMB3.

-Most recently was finding out Xenoblade would get a US release...I still have not finished the game after spending about 4 months playing it daily.

-Playing Skyrim for the first time and getting into my first battle with a dragon. So much to explore and so little time...

Man I should stop, I could go on and on like the old wind bag I am.
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->Xenoblade

User Info: BDza

BDza
4 years ago#15
nothingbeast posted...
When the SNES came out, it's the only thing I wanted.

I begged my parents for it, but I knew it was such a HOT item that it would be very difficult to get. Most stores were always sold out.

Christmas eve (when my family celebrated) I opened all of my gifts... and no SNES. But I got some cool NES games, and wasn't a brat about it.

The next morning I woke up to play with my new toys, and my parents were already awake to make breakfast. My dad hands me a wrapped box. For a moment I think "It's an SNES!!!!" and tore the paper off.

It was a box of frozen pancakes. Again, I was a little disappointed, but didn't let it get me down. "At least now we have breakfast!"

My dad opened the box of pancakes..... and there was my SNES.

I think my neighbors heard me scream for joy.

One of my best Christmas moments as a child.

Thats awesome and I now have a great idea for how to give my son his 3DS this Christmas.
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->Xenoblade

User Info: HeLeeham

HeLeeham
4 years ago#16
Playing Pokemon Red for the first time. My friend got both Red and Blue and said I could playing his Red. He lived literally 5 seconds away so I would go to his everyday to play. We eventually caught every Pokemon. The last Pokemon we traded to finish it was Pincer and Syther.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
4 years ago#17
The first time I played Final Fantasy VII and being astounded that I had a whole magical world to explore.
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns

User Info: whiteboygene

whiteboygene
4 years ago#18
BlueJester007 posted...
When I saw Jill's kitty in Resident Evil 5. :)

Whu whu WHAAAT? That happened? DLC? Microsoft points? *readies credit card*
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1

User Info: SlimeSwayze

SlimeSwayze
4 years ago#19
Coming home from school (possibly the last day of school) when I was in 5th grade and seeing that my mom had bought me a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog. I was pretty happy about that.

Playing the Legend of Zelda for the first time is up there. And more recently, defeating a few of the bosses in Dark Souls with the help of some friendly phantoms was a pretty amazing experience.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.

User Info: RHDF20BPrelude

RHDF20BPrelude
4 years ago#20
Of course, all the XMAS gift systems as a kid. NES, Gens, SNES.

Playing MVC1 on Dreamcast, the first arcade perfect home Capcom fighter.

Getting a call on PS2 launch from a buddy EB worker that a system was being held if I wanted it (I didn't preorder)

Beating Justin Wong in Super Turbo.

Almost beating Daigo in a casual SSFIV match. With a small amount of health left, Ryu VS Ryu, I had him in the corner, I hit C.MK > EX Hado.... I'm not really a SFIV player, so I didn't know I could link Ultra 1 after a corner EX Hado at the time. That would have killed him. I remember that so vividly. Daigo was probably like WTF.

Playing the grandeur of Test Drive Unlimited for the first time.
360 and PS3 tags: DiegoElFuego. WiiSSBB: 1032-0974-7716
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vbQfBPYLk&feature=channel
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What is the GREATEST moment or memory you have related to video games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived