This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Person on Friends list changes gamertag, and doesn't announce this change

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Person on Friends list changes gamertag, and doesn't announce this change

User Info: Vivi0198

Vivi0198
4 years ago#11
Iceman83 posted...
Vivi0198 posted...
So because I change my tag its my duty to send a message announcing it? No.

Common courtesy. It is your duty to let us know if you change your GT so we know who you are.

If I value you as a friend you will know. Not because I wasted time sending a message but because we play together or I know you in real life.
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: Mumble_

Mumble_
4 years ago#12
Why would you delete them? You obviously added them before, even if you don't remember. Changing your GT doesn't change your personality. >_>
Bulbasaur is the best starting Pokemon.

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
4 years ago#13
Of course the guy who changes his GT should let people know. He has nearly 30 Friends, but it could easily be 100. That's a lot of people who will be wondering who that GT is popping up on screen, some may be checking his profile and messaging him like people here suggest. That's a lot of combined time wasted when it's all easily avoided if he just had the common sense and courtesy to send one single message to his list. His gamerpic and avatar are generic and probably changed also.

I have tiers of Live Friends. Some are friends in real life and also people on Live I chat with and game with regularly. I've checked my list and he isn't one of those. Others are people I used to game and chat with but not lately, and those I periodically cull. He's probably one of those, so no loss.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
4 years ago#14

Of course. How are others supposed to know who you are? Sunddenly some random name shows up on your friend's list. I hate that.
Thrash or be Thrashed

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 years ago#15

Of course. How are others supposed to know who you are? Sunddenly some random name shows up on your friend's list. I hate that.

Got several friends in my friends list with names I don't recognise for that very reason. I am puzzled why people find this concept difficult to grasp.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Vivi0198
4 years ago#16

Like I said in my next post if I value you as a friend you will know. Clearly these people aren't your "friend" if you have no idea who they are.

Maybe it's different for me because my friends list is of people who I play with all the time or am friends with. I don't have people who just sit on my list.

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
4 years ago#17
Vivi0198 posted...
Like I said in my next post if I value you as a friend you will know. Clearly these people aren't your "friend" if you have no idea who they are.

Maybe it's different for me because my friends list is of people who I play with all the time or am friends with. I don't have people who just sit on my list.

So you tell everyone on your list, is what you appear to be saying.

I'm not seeing any reasonable argument ITT in favor of changing GT and not informing people. It doesn't take much time or effort.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: DxZ99

DxZ99
4 years ago#18
Kinda reminds me of back a few years ago, when people used to do the whole 'M2AF I'm retiring from xbox live... its not you, its me'. -.-

Vivi0198
4 years ago#19
Vivi0198 posted...

So you tell everyone on your list, is what you appear to be saying.

I'm not seeing any reasonable argument ITT in favor of changing GT and not informing people. It doesn't take much time or effort.

Not through a message. They find out it's me when we get into a game together.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
4 years ago#20

I have 98 people on my list and I pretty much know who everybody is. One person changes their name and it's hard to figure out who that is.
Thrash Zone
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Person on Friends list changes gamertag, and doesn't announce this change

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived