This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

343: "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 343: "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series"

User Info: bladegash666

bladegash666
4 years ago#21
From: DrFeelgood1984 | Posted: 1/10/2013 1:41:15 PM | #016
bladegash666 posted...
From: DrFeelgood1984 | Posted: 1/10/2013 1:28:13 PM | #008
It's up there with Halo CE. It's either the best or 2nd best in the series.

-Smaller skill gap
-Bad Maps
-Bad spawns
-Took things from COD and made them WORSE.
-Missing things from older Halo games that fans love

-Good
-Opinion
-Haven't noticed
-The game evolved, "OH NO". Sprinting and loadouts are welcome improvements, it's still Halo
-It's not missing anything that can't be added if enough people whine about it

Yeah , no. It evolved and sold less than the previous entries. Reach has showed us that "evolving" Halo can do more harm than good. Also ,how is a smaller skill gap good? It makes things wonky and not balanced.

Who is this actually verified by though?

Stinkles on Neogaf is 343's co-founder Frank O'Connor, the Halo franchise manager and former Bungie employee.

No sales data there , and last I saw it was a bit over 6m

I think he just means it's reached sales milestones faster than any other Halo title.

It sold less than Halo 3 and even reach if you compare their first months,already number 3 on top 10 xbl games. It's not what it used to be.

I'd rather trust the head of all things Halo then you with a single NPD report. I guess Halo 4 was much more significant outside the US than Halo 3.

1.OK. I assumed it was someone from 343.
2.Yeah faster , not more.
3. The same guy that's gonna kill Halo. OK. So if dude says H4 sold 25m , but NPD says 12m , and you believe it , then lol.
Also , H4 has the fastest sales milestone , and the community doesn't reflect this. BO2 ate into those sales and the community hasn't dropped off as much. WTF were they thinking launching a week before?
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying

User Info: HENTAIDOJI

HENTAIDOJI
4 years ago#22
OK. So if dude says H4 sold 25m , but NPD says 12m , and you believe it , then lol.

Well Canada would be another 1.2 million. 25m would be a hard sell, but 20 million wouldn't.

I'm not saying we should believe spokespeople without question, but who better to know how a game is selling than their creators. We just rely on leaked NPD, Microsoft gets the full report + others globally.

This isn't really new info, we already knew more players played Halo 4 online week 1 than any other Halo.
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg

User Info: bladegash666

bladegash666
4 years ago#23
OK. So if dude says H4 sold 25m , but NPD says 12m , and you believe it , then lol.

Well Canada would be another 1.2 million. 25m would be a hard sell, but 20 million wouldn't.

I'm not saying we should believe spokespeople without question, but who better to know how a game is selling than their creators. We just rely on leaked NPD, Microsoft gets the full report + others globally.

This isn't really new info, we already knew more players played Halo 4 online week 1 than any other Halo.

Dude has lied before. It really isn't uncommon for devs to straight up lie.

2)Then the community dropped significantly. At this rate , it will not outsell King Kong H3.
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 343: "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived