This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

User Info: JenniferTate

JenniferTate
4 years ago#11
Dragon's Dogma, Super Mario World, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Saints Row 2, The Darkness, Chronicles of Riddick, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and it's looking like Dark Souls.

I like large worlds and the illusion of as much freedom and options as I can get.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson

User Info: Banana_Mana

Banana_Mana
4 years ago#12
stapler87 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
stapler87 posted...
KotOR2 for me. Not that the game didn't have its flaws, but that game really drew me in. I could play that game over and over and not get bored of it.

As far as this gen goes, I'd say Fallout: New Vegas. I've poured hundreds of hours into that game over my various playthroughs and I still have a blast.

Flaws?

Dude, it didn't have an ending.

Still a f****** great game.

I know that killed me. It's a real shame Obsidian was rushed to release it and had to cut a bunch of content out. I still haven't got a chance to check out the restoration mod for the pc version.

Neither have I - I do want to play it though!!!
2013 is here. New Year's resolution = play more, eat more, drink more, achieve less.

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#13
A couple that are damn close, imo:
Red Dead Redemption
Diablo 2: LoD
Starcraft
Warcraft 3: TFT
Pokemon Crystal
Mario Galaxy 2
LoZ: OoT
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact

User Info: memphis12

memphis12
4 years ago#14
SunDevil77 posted...
A couple that are damn close, imo:
Red Dead Redemption
Diablo 2: LoD
Starcraft
Warcraft 3: TFT
Pokemon Crystal
Mario Galaxy 2
LoZ: OoT

RDR was pretty epic, but.. Nothing much I'd change on it if I'm honest. I almost don't want a sequel.

Diablo 2 still won't work for me, so looks like I'm missing out on one of the true greats.
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'

User Info: Somnambulistic

Somnambulistic
4 years ago#15
Halo CE felt like this to me back in the day. It's still one of my top favorite games of all time. Flawless campaign that just gets better with co-op, ridiculously fun and addicting multiplayer on amazing maps.

I remember Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction being the first game of last gen to give me this feeling. It just embodied everything I consider to be fun and entertainment in a game.
http://i.imgur.com/hIDW3.jpg

User Info: cup_a_soup

cup_a_soup
4 years ago#16
Final Fantasy XI. An everlasting adventure that you could enjoy on your own, play co-op with, go against each other... Massive world, a healthy selection of quests and story lines...

I miss playing it, but I just don't have the time anymore :(

User Info: KtuluheroII

KtuluheroII
4 years ago#17
Ninja Gaiden Black. My only complaint about it, is the backtracking you start to do once you get to Tairon.
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg

User Info: Jukain

Jukain
4 years ago#18
Dark Souls, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vectorman, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Persona 3/4, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, SoulCalibur series, The Legend of Dragoon, and We Love Katamari immediately come to mind.
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
4 years ago#19
Halo CE has it's flaws. Like recycled environments and an enemy that looks like pop corn. And don't get me started on how the pistol feels like a rocket launcher and the assault rifle feels like like a squirt gun
"This Year in Jerusalem."

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 years ago#20
Sure, lots of games...

Super Metriod
Resident evil 4
Super Mario Bros 3
Street fighter 2 turbo
Chrono Trigger
Legend of Zelda OOT
Sonic the hedgehog
Final Fantasy X

tons more
Old School Games FTW!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is there a game you personally thought "so close to my perfect game"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived