This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games should I get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What games should I get?

User Info: samuellee60

samuellee60
4 years ago#1
Hey guys,

I've owned three different 360's in my life, gotten rid of all of them, and am now looking to get a 4th (I know, I know). As it stands I am a PS3 freak, and an even bigger fan of the Vita (I'm always playing it). But for all my friends and both my brothers are all 360 owners and I want to play with them some too.

What games would you recommend someone getting for the 360 as of now? I am very ignorant concerning its library and all MS exclusives. I have relatively no idea of what games are or aren't on the 360 at the moment.

I have never played any game in the Mass Effect series, and thought I would start with them.

What else would you suggest?
I have all the assassin creeds on my PS3, along with all the lego games and a few others.

I like anything really, with the exception of survival horror games.
"Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat." - Quina

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
4 years ago#2
Of course, Mass Effect is always a good choice.

If you're buying the Xbox to play with your family and friends, you should ask what they're playing lately.
You wanna make me a sandwich?

User Info: Sqawks

Sqawks
4 years ago#3
Try Gears of War 3. It has tons of co-op modes, including 4 player campaign, with a number of competitive modes also available. There's a demo on the marketplace if you're interested.

Halo 4 is worth a shot if you're looking for a FPS fix, though Reach and 3 still have players if you're not keen on spending too much. No demo, but watch gameplay to see if it's something you might enjoy.

Forza Motorsport is a racing simulator. 3, 4 and a spinoff known as Horizon are available on the 360. 4 is the most recent main title, Horizon was released late last year, and 3 is a bit older, but worth a play if you're not too worried about getting the most recent title.
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!

samuellee60
4 years ago#4
Sqawks posted...
Try Gears of War 3. It has tons of co-op modes, including 4 player campaign, with a number of competitive modes also available. There's a demo on the marketplace if you're interested.

Halo 4 is worth a shot if you're looking for a FPS fix, though Reach and 3 still have players if you're not keen on spending too much. No demo, but watch gameplay to see if it's something you might enjoy.

Forza Motorsport is a racing simulator. 3, 4 and a spinoff known as Horizon are available on the 360. 4 is the most recent main title, Horizon was released late last year, and 3 is a bit older, but worth a play if you're not too worried about getting the most recent title.

Oh yes, I love demos.

I didn't care too much for Halo 3 or Reach, but I loved 1 and 2.

How is ODST? Is the multiplayer in 4 good as well?
I may have to get them.

Is Forza the Xbox's take on Gran Turismo?
"Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat." - Quina

User Info: Sqawks

Sqawks
4 years ago#5
samuellee60 posted...
Sqawks posted...

Oh yes, I love demos.

I didn't care too much for Halo 3 or Reach, but I loved 1 and 2.

How is ODST? Is the multiplayer in 4 good as well?
I may have to get them.

Is Forza the Xbox's take on Gran Turismo?

Community reception to Halo 4 has been somewhat mixed due to some missing playlists, and other assorted troubles, but at the end of the day, it's an excellent addition to the Halo franchise.

I have not played ODST, but from what I have seen from other posts around here and on the Halo 4 board, it's worth looking into.

As for Forza = GT on Xbox, you could say that. There are a number of differences, but if you like cars, it's the go-to game for racing.
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!

User Info: RayzerTag

RayzerTag
4 years ago#6
Absolutely don't ignore the Xbox's downloadable games; a great deal of the best games on the system are there, not retail. Be sure to check out:

Fez
Bastion
Trials: Evolution
Spelunky
Dust: an Elysian Tail
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.

samuellee60
4 years ago#7
Any other suggestions?

I'm picking up my 360 in a couple of hours.

I'd like to get a lot of cheap games to hold me over for a while.

I think I am going to get Army of Two, possibly the Devil May Cry HD collection and maybe a few others.

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#8
Buy Fable 2 and 3, Banjo: Nuts and Bolts, Viva Piņata, and Dust: An Elysian Tale. You'll thank me later.
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact

User Info: Lapanui

Lapanui
4 years ago#9
RayzerTag posted...
Absolutely don't ignore the Xbox's downloadable games; a great deal of the best games on the system are there, not retail. Be sure to check out:

Fez
Bastion
Trials: Evolution
Spelunky
Dust: an Elysian Tail

Add Retro City Rampage to that list. Played through it twice and it's a great game.
8-bit graphics in an open world. It contains a lot of parodies from TV series, films, games and a bit of technology, all a mixture of modern and older/classic.
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What games should I get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived