This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the reason hardcore gamers are afraid to do easy mode or normal mode?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What is the reason hardcore gamers are afraid to do easy mode or normal mode?

User Info: OKRecords1138

OKRecords1138
4 years ago#31
What's a hardcore gamer? Seems like just a title that over enthusiastic gamers give themselves.
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com

User Info: Carte360

Carte360
4 years ago#32
I always play on normal because I like having fun. :D
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk

User Info: emolsifier

emolsifier
4 years ago#33
Agh... TC speaks truth! Even a causal gamer like myself must admit that I've skipped over the Easy, Normal and Hard modes to play at the Highest difficulty.
Newbie PKMN Trainer: 0132-8070-8825 BLACK

User Info: GGearX

GGearX
4 years ago#34
Carte360 posted...

You can still have fun playing a hard game.
Example?
Super meat boy or dark souls.
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........

User Info: Kou-Nurasaka

Kou-Nurasaka
4 years ago#35
I'm actually not too ashamed to pop a game down on easy, if it is a hard game. Games like DMC make everything too hard. DMC 3 is a great example of needless hard difficulty just to cater or a specific subset of players who feel the need to prove their awesomeness by playing on harder difficulties.

Skyrim has a problem with this too, with most people opting to play on master or expert simply because playing on adept (normal) would be too weenie.

I am primarily an RPG player, so if something goes wrong, its either a fluke with the battle system (enemy hits a critical, counters something, gets those .0001 chance "you will suffer at my hands for all of eternity" type of rolls) or you are under-leveled/ under equiped. Action games and shooters are naturally more difficult for me simply because I don't play that many of them.

So, while I am a hardcore gamer, I don't mind playing on easy when the game is above my current ability. The kicker here is that RPG's don't have difficulty levels. More or less, I play on normal. The exception is games like "Tales of" where I bump the difficulty up after the first playthrough.

User Info: doraemonllh1989

doraemonllh1989
4 years ago#36
because of too easy

you see,lets discuss about games like dead space 2

i play the game on zealot (hardcore mode is ridiculous,i skip it),when i upgraded my character fully,i feel like my character earns it,all the damage and defense,worth upgrading aagisnt my enemy,but if i play on easy mode,i feel like im overpowered,thats what im feeling,its weird but thats how i play my game
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)

User Info: Carte360

Carte360
4 years ago#37
GGearX posted...
Carte360 posted...

You can still have fun playing a hard game.
Example?
Super meat boy or dark souls.

Misread my post. I'm saying I play on normal because it is fun for me.

Not saying other people can't have fun on hard/easy. But I prefer normal, how the devs intended it.
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk

User Info: justdontask

justdontask
4 years ago#38
i always start on the easiest mode for a blind run of a game... if ive played it before, i ramp it up to the hardest because i know whats coming, and i know what worked on easy... i usually skip normal because there isnt a big difference between easy and normal, or normal and hard...
logic escapes this site.

User Info: C810

C810
4 years ago#39
I usually play new games on normal the first time through to get used to how the game plays, the lay of the levels, and find any collectibles/secrets. I like playing on normal since I can usually play through it without too much of a hassle. After that, then I'll play through on the hardest difficulty for the challenge. Plus I like the feeling of accomplishment that comes from beating the hardest difficulty.
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron

User Info: bdavis93

bdavis93
4 years ago#40
Let's take Diablo 3 as an example. The game was watered-down, and in order to get to the even remotely challenging inferno difficult, you have to play through the game a mind-numbingly easy 3 times.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What is the reason hardcore gamers are afraid to do easy mode or normal mode?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived