This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you buy your games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. When do you buy your games?

User Info: rdking96

rdking96
4 years ago#21
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Broken poll. I gotta believe most people buy them at various times. Some I want day 1, some I don't wind up getting until years after they're released, and everything in between.

True. But there's certainly a pattern. I'd say 90% of the games I get are somewhat older and have a low price tag.

In fact, there's only 3 games I can think of that I bought on release day.

Halo 4
The Witcher 2
Ghost Recon: FS

And the Witcher 2 was released at $40 (God bless you CDPR), so it was an easy decision for me.
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."

User Info: RusticGamer

RusticGamer
4 years ago#22
Hmm, I'm the only one who voted rent. Seeing as how 99% of games can be completed in under a week and I don't do multiplayer or second play throughs, it kinda makes financial sense.

If or rather when games go digital only, I'm going to be SOL lol.
"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
4 years ago#23
Depends on the game and who makes it or publishes it. Normally I just go buy it when I feel like doing so. Games that are by my favorite developer are nearly always preordered or bought around the release date as long as I know about it (unless it's another version of a game of theirs I already have).
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. When do you buy your games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived