This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you... Move, lean, dodge, etc. when you play games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you... Move, lean, dodge, etc. when you play games?

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#21
The only time ive caught myself doing this is when I am really into a race in Forza with my buddies.
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

User Info: Travarkoth

Travarkoth
4 years ago#22
The only time ive caught myself doing this is when I am really into a race in Forza with my buddies.

Forza Horizon is a lot of fun. Me and my buddies took Mini Coopers while I took a Jeep Rubicon on the golf course...

Lots of fun, that game is.
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---

User Info: _Elite_Bushido_

_Elite_Bushido_
4 years ago#23
no, never really did either.
never really got into that habit because of side scrolling games from SNES

tho i might do some stuff when it comes to NBA 2k on close games
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl

User Info: darkhare

darkhare
4 years ago#24
Travarkoth posted...
For example, when you fly through a gap do you lean to the side as if 'you' are actually there? Or perhaps when you a driving, do you lean over to make that tight turn?

I think this is what we refer to as 'immersion' I suppose, eh? Haha!

I'm not referring to Kinect or anything, I mean holding a regular controller and doing these things like this.

i catch myself doing that quite often in Forza4.
whats wrong with ppl when you ask someone to imagine something and they then ask you to describe it to them so they can imagine it?

User Info: turtlej-man

turtlej-man
4 years ago#25
Terry-bogard posted...
Only people who are not used to play videogames do that , people who can't tell the difference between what their brain tells them they do and what their body actually does.

I call that the "mario kart syndrome".

It's funny you mention that! The N64 was my first console...and Mario Kart was my first game for it. I used to lean side to side all the time when I played that...also with flying games like Rogue Squadron. My Dad was way worse at it too..it was hilarious!

I have pretty much grown out of doing that though. I DID do it a little bit when I was learning to fly the jets and helicopters is Battlefield 3, but it didn't take long for that to stop again.
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!

User Info: sockesocke

sockesocke
4 years ago#26
no unless its a wii game lol.
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke

User Info: Xx_King_Beef_xX

Xx_King_Beef_xX
4 years ago#27
There have been times where I've caught myself leaning to try to see something my character can't in games with first-person perspectives, but that's about it.
I have to return some videotapes.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 years ago#28
No, because I'm not in a badly written comedy or drama.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
4 years ago#29
sockesocke posted...
no unless its a wii game lol.

This. For the most part I look catatonic while playing games, unless it is something using the motion controls on the Wii. Then, it is sort of hard to move some of the body without the rest wanting to try to follow.

User Info: Chewy247

Chewy247
4 years ago#30
Yeah if it looks like it hurt I go "OOH!" and kind of move. You should have seen me play WWE 13'.
#TimesUpPunk
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you... Move, lean, dodge, etc. when you play games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived