This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone remember Eternal Champions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone remember Eternal Champions?

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#31
BuckVanHammer posted...
kungfucolin posted...
MK has no foot games.
No Okizemi
no variations on frame adv/dis
no cancelable normals
No Just frames
I could go on and on.

Basically it lacks the ingredients that make a fighting game 'advanced'.

I think that is a lot of the appeal of mk. Balancing a career, family, and and we'll life in general doesn't allow me to spend the hours and hours to study the data you listed. Oh to be young again with a pocket full of quarters.

QFT
I love video games : )

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
4 years ago#32
It was a favorite of mine. Had some really good music too.

User Info: Atalalama

Atalalama
4 years ago#33
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
It was actually more violent than MK, and had a darker, more twisted feel to it. With the resurgence of fighting games in the last few years, I think it would be great to see this game brought back from the dead.

I replayed the game the other day.

I have no idea what I saw in it all those years ago. Stage/Positional specials & fatalities are SOO lame...uhmm...sorry Injustice: Gods Among Us...

User Info: MatrixAndrAIa

MatrixAndrAIa
4 years ago#34
Good god man, I remember playing that game in the mid 90s and it was a lot of fun for what it was. I'd always use that ninja assassin girl that could turn into a shadow. I have memories of the last boss being really difficult and only finishing the game once.

Never really played it two player - we saved MK and Street Fighter II for those times.
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#35
Atalalama posted...
It was actually more violent than MK, and had a darker, more twisted feel to it. With the resurgence of fighting games in the last few years, I think it would be great to see this game brought back from the dead.

I replayed the game the other day.

I have no idea what I saw in it all those years ago. Stage/Positional specials & fatalities are SOO lame...uhmm...sorry Injustice: Gods Among Us...

: (

User Info: Damn_Deadite

Damn_Deadite
4 years ago#36
Brutal: Paws of Fury needs a reboot.

Edit; after YouTubing the game.. Good lord my Nostalgia goggles shattered and sliced my retina up. I will never look up Bloody Roar now. :/
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#37
Damn_Deadite posted...
Brutal: Paws of Fury needs a reboot.

Edit; after YouTubing the game.. Good lord my Nostalgia goggles shattered and sliced my retina up. I will never look up Bloody Roar now. :/

Don't worry, a lot of old fighters from that time don't hold up well. Most of them have you feeling like your fighter has on a pair of concrete shoes. For instance, killer instinct, mortal kombat, eternal champions, clay fighters(it wasn't thaaat bad back then lol) all play pretty poorly after playing any modern fighter.

User Info: Damn_Deadite

Damn_Deadite
4 years ago#38
Welp speaking of fighters and such any GFAQers wanna play SSF4 AE?Lol
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!

User Info: UnicornTamer1

UnicornTamer1
4 years ago#39
kungfucolin posted...
If we're talking about 16-bit fighting games that need a reboot - there's none that need it more than WeaponLord.

Howabout primal rage?

This. Primal Rage was awesome, game does not get the love it deserves.
Master of Gnomes, Keeper of Secrets
Fluttershy's #1 Fan
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone remember Eternal Champions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived