This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ALWAYS On = no Xbox 720 for me

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. ALWAYS On = no Xbox 720 for me

User Info: KID VID

KID VID
4 years ago#21
MUD VIPER posted...
So it's Microsoft's fault that people are hermits?

No, its MS fault for not understanding "capable" internet is NOT available everywhere, much like kids who post in these kinds of topics to usually bash.

I would chalk that up to "collateral damage."
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD

User Info: JKSonic

JKSonic
4 years ago#22
Where I live there's a TON of areas where if you want even remotely high speed you need to get satellite (which as most of you probably know is usually very crappy and sometimes expensive depending what they need to install). Shoot even where I live in Salisbury MD if you want true high speed you HAVE to go with cable and have to go with Comcast. We're nowhere near the point in our country that anybody should be requiring "online only" anything yet.
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."

User Info: madgreg666

madgreg666
4 years ago#23
Northern Maine has no coverage I'm up there all the time. Sucks but I deal. Im, sure they'll get it soon, just like where you mysteriously post from TC
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 1750miles - Wheres the snow? Not in New England anymore!

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
4 years ago#24
RKOMe2011 posted...
Like Hoosier said too many Moutains and Trees also to even get the internet you have to have a line of sight or be able to see a Tower. NO TOWER - NO INTERNET.

Other than 56k dial up the Moutians and Trees also block Cellphones or WiFi.

ALWAYS ON Kids means Internet Is Required each time you boot up the console it would mean that you would need Broadband, DSL, WiFi in order to use and play the console.

People such as myself living in Rural Communitys with no line of sight basically would be crap out of luck with the ALWAYS On deal.

So this would be a bad Move with the Always On deal if the do this then they will cut off a lot of potential next gen customers such as myself.

Except it's NOT going to cut out "a lot" of potential next gen customers. The majority of the population does not live way out in the sticks. Yes they'll lose a few, but they're going to be fine with their target demographic. Something tells me the people who live in isolation aren't too worried about getting the next-gen systems.

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
4 years ago#25
RKOMe2011 posted...
I live in an area where I might as well be on a deserted island as It, feels like you are cut off from the modern world I have no access to the internet or Cell Phones.

So if next gen requires ALWAYS On then I will get neither of them and this will mark an end of 20+ years of gaming.

>Has no access to internet
>Is posting on an internet message board
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. ALWAYS On = no Xbox 720 for me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived