This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

share games many said were "bad" but were actually "good"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. share games many said were "bad" but were actually "good"

User Info: bpcarter

bpcarter
4 years ago#51
Saints Row: The Third - People who played 1 and 2 think it sucks, people new to the series love it
Operation Darkness - People complain about the graphics, but it's a SRPG, so graphics don't really matter, and one of the best in that genre on 360
Alpha Protocol - it's like baby deus ex!
XCOM Enemy Unknown - It's mostly fanboys of the original who say it's bad
Would you kindly do a barrel roll?
War. War never changes.

User Info: RisingWater

RisingWater
4 years ago#52
hiplock posted...
-The Last Remnant
Put so many hours into that game. For me it was the best jrpg of this gen. Personally I thought it was much better than Xenoblade, FF XIII, or Lost Odyssey. It was good to see a jrpg actually try to do something new and different within a turn-based battle system. Most other people seemed to hate it though. Too bad. I was really hoping for a sequel.

Yes Yes Yes.

I remember fighting a 2-3 hour long turn based battle--one of the bigger battles in the game iirc(two girls at the end), went in "little" underpowered.I literally danced after defeating them lol

Such a glorious game,would get Rango for the sequel.

User Info: JS_Cubby14

JS_Cubby14
4 years ago#53
For some reason I had a really good time with Dragon Age 2.

User Info: darkhare

darkhare
4 years ago#54
GuiltyGear
i have no loyalty for either xbox or 360, im a casual gamer and dont find it a insult.

User Info: Exilious

Exilious
4 years ago#55
50 cent: Blood on the Sand
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator

User Info: Silver_Sparklet

Silver_Sparklet
4 years ago#56
Final Fantasy 13: Finally an rpg where i don't have to have a headache about armor upgrades/management and getting lost in the world map along a slew of other things common in most rpg's.

In that game I can just sit back relax and focus on the battles and very beautiful scenic, straight-forward, roller-coaster rides aswell a fantastic abstract story, it's a shame the devs gave into the "fans".

Izuna DS: Hard but in a way where a lot of deaths are your own fault (of course you can get unfortunate from time to time), the music also seemed to set off my nostalgia sensors.

User Info: Samp98518

Samp98518
4 years ago#57
Shadow the Hedgehog. While I won't say it is great, it isn't terrible. You can play it without the game crashing or bugging out on you, and it features a good amount of stages and missions to do.

Also, Kirby Air Ride. I think too many people are just turned away by a literal one button control scheme, but the game is still amazingly fun. Anyone can pick it up and know how to play it after 5 minutes, and city trial I could play for hours and not get bored.
"My plan was perfect. But there was one thing I overlooked, one factor I failed to calculate.
He's a dumbass. And there's no accounting for dumbassness.

User Info: Mrluzo

Mrluzo
4 years ago#58
I liked Dragon Age 2. I really enjoyed it, was probably the game that got me into rpgs. So for that I am thankful. It was just so different from anything else I had played, and now, I am a bit of an rpg addict.

User Info: tamayamawuv

tamayamawuv
4 years ago#59
Well...I liked DmC, and FF13. FF13-2 was decent.

User Info: DamorahTalset

DamorahTalset
4 years ago#60
HughJorgenn posted...
Duke Nukem Forever.

This. It was just out of its time by a decade or so. If the same game were released ten years ago the reception would have been so much better.
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. share games many said were "bad" but were actually "good"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived