This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Destiny will require online connection

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Destiny will require online connection

User Info: BTM4444

BTM4444
4 years ago#1
Don't know if this has been posted yet but I just read that destiny will require an online connection, even in single player.

That really annoys me because if its a really good game I feel like I wouldn't ever be able to come back to it when I'm older.

I mean its sweet that it is like an mmo but I feel like they should have a single player experience. What are your thoughts on this?

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
4 years ago#2
Yet another reason for me to not care about this game.
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn

User Info: LotrMorgoth

LotrMorgoth
4 years ago#3
yes let's all judge things based on a concept alone

good news everyone, not attempting new endeavors is a great way to keep gaming alive
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4

User Info: BTM4444

BTM4444
4 years ago#4
LotrMorgoth posted...

good news everyone, not attempting new endeavors is a great way to keep gaming alive

Wow you're cool, because making a game(s) online only is definitely going to keep gaming alive!

User Info: Somnambulistic

Somnambulistic
4 years ago#5
I can't say this is even remotely surprising. They've been mentioning the whole "persistent online world" thing constantly when speaking about the game.

Oh well, not like I really care, I've got a connection and always will. My excitement for the series remains unaltered.
Would you like to know more?

User Info: LotrMorgoth

LotrMorgoth
4 years ago#6
yes, that is exactly what i said
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4

User Info: Pacman2dx

Pacman2dx
4 years ago#7
In order for it to be an MMO, you'd have to connect to multiple people so it makes since that a internet connection is require .. at least you have ES or the next Fallout as an option if you wanna play alone.
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#8
I would say I care, but man...I was as stiff as a board yesterday during that reveal.

I am a sucker for good sci fi.
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 years ago#9
BTM4444 posted...
LotrMorgoth posted...

Wow you're cool, because making a game(s) online only is definitely going to keep gaming alive!

Trying to get your point across on the internet? Try sarcasm!
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: mtjormitch

mtjormitch
4 years ago#10
People should mention that singleplayer is ALSO required to be online...

Yeah... this game needs to bomb badly. Do not follow the hype. It is WAY to much of a Diablo 3 feel from it.
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Destiny will require online connection

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived