This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 8.5 - DmC 8.9

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. IGN: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 8.5 - DmC 8.9

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
4 years ago#41
OMG_AIDS posted...
Because IGN works as a hive mind and collectively gives scores.

DMC reviewer - Ryan Clements
MGR reviewer - Mitch Dyer

Two different reviewers, two different methods of reviewing. There is no standardized checklist to gloss over when reviewing a game. It's, like, a person's opinion, man.

I know all that - I'm looking big picture at this one - people like Velvet Hammer who have harassed and harangued everyone in every topic about DmC - so nice to see them cut down to size by IGN
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.

User Info: Axrelis

Axrelis
4 years ago#42
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...
Because IGN works as a hive mind and collectively gives scores.

DMC reviewer - Ryan Clements
MGR reviewer - Mitch Dyer

Two different reviewers, two different methods of reviewing. There is no standardized checklist to gloss over when reviewing a game. It's, like, a person's opinion, man.

I know all that - I'm looking big picture at this one - people like Velvet Hammer who have harassed and harangued everyone in every topic about DmC - so nice to see them cut down to size by IGN

It would probably mean more if you decided to pick a more credible site with stricter guidelines and standards.
R.I.P George Carlin

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
4 years ago#43
ITT the TC uses two different people applying similar numbers on an arbitrary scale that the medium would be better off abandoning forever to make some kind of a point

ITT a lot of people argue about genre semantics because this is important somehow, and one side gets pissy and the other side seems to think a game being a bit harder then another game somehow makes it a different genre, which is the silliest thing I've seen on GameFAQs all week

Sylus2015 posted...

Sources:
http://www.vgchartz.com/

ITT people still think VGChartz is worth paying attention to
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: Doukou

Doukou
4 years ago#44
If it ain't Skyrim or a Shooter it's niche

That seems to be what I'm getting from this topic.
Don't read this sig.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. IGN: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 8.5 - DmC 8.9

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived