This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When does Crysis 1 get good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. When does Crysis 1 get good?

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 years ago#11
That's true, Crysis 2 and 3 are mostly about getting from point A to B while Crysis 1 is more about getting to the objective in the centre of a defended position (at least from what I've played so far)
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: skribblz

skribblz
4 years ago#12
While i enjoyed Crysis 2 it felt more restrictive. What i loved about the first is the different ways i could take out enemies. Nothing was more satisfying than setting up traps using the environmental physics to my advantage. I remember the game clicking for me when i led a patrol into a building that i had set with c4 and bringing it down on top of them. Or knocking over a few trees to block the path of a vehicle and taking it out with a rocket.
The 5 Symptoms of Laziness:

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 years ago#13
pothocket posted...
All I've heard is how much better than 2 it is in regards to level design but I was playing all day yesterday and haven't seen it yet. Levels are just as linear as 2 so far and less open than 3.

I'm also not getting the argument that the AI was better in 1 either. They're actually a lot simpler than the behavior of AI in 2 and 3.

So what's the deal? I can only assume those poorly formed opinions were the result of PC backlash against the "consolisation" of their PC franchise.

The people who are telling you that Crysis 1 is better than Crysis 2 are very likely the same people that say that FF7 is the best game ever, and that Xenogears is the best game ever. Crysis 1 is not only boring, it is tedious and it's just not fun. Enemies spot you from a mile away, and they pursue you relentlessly. The cloak might as well not be there at all. Between Crysis 1 and Crysis 2, i'll pick Crysis 2 any day of the week.

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
4 years ago#14
I will say that the last few chapters of Crysis 1 are easily the best, even if the end boss was kind of annoying.

Like TC, I had a really hard time getting into the game, and was somewhat frustrated that for a game about aliens, I was fighting only other humans.

I don't remember exactly when it clicked, but I basically played the second half in one sitting (which for me is a big deal.)
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. When does Crysis 1 get good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived