This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft to PETA: "We do not condone whaling"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Ubisoft to PETA: "We do not condone whaling"

User Info: Travarkoth

Travarkoth
4 years ago#1
"... just as we don’t condone a pirate lifestyle"

... one of the new aspects of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is hunting whales. That led animal-rights group PETA to call the game “disgraceful” in a statement.

GamesBeat contacted Ubisoft about PETA’s stance, and the publisher provided the following response:

"History is our playground in Assassin’s Creed. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is a work of fiction that depicts the real events during the Golden Era of Pirates. We do not condone illegal whaling, just as we don’t condone a pirate lifestyle of poor hygiene, plundering, hijacking ships, and over-the-legal-limit drunken debauchery."

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/06/ubisoft-to-peta-we-do-not-condone-whaling-just-as-we-dont-condone-a-pirate-lifestyle/
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#2
That's about as serious a response as peta deserves lol.
I love video games : )

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 years ago#3
Why does PETA give AC free press but not Dishonored? Other games murder whales too!
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: ACHEEKSMALLOY

ACHEEKSMALLOY
4 years ago#4
Why is PETA still a thing?
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS

User Info: Akiba69

Akiba69
4 years ago#5
We have reached such a pathetic point in society where people need to defend their actions for doing something in a work of fiction, and also for representing things that were relevant for their time. Not only is an apology unneeded, so is feeling the need to explain yourself.

User Info: r_u_mad_bro

r_u_mad_bro
4 years ago#6
Haha nice. I guess PETA has no problems with a pirate lifestyle, since they didn't complain about that.

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#7
Akiba69 posted...
We have reached such a pathetic point in society where people need to defend their actions for doing something in a work of fiction, and also for representing things that were relevant for their time. Not only is an apology unneeded, so is feeling the need to explain yourself.

I don't think they're taking peta seriously at all. The response stinks of smartassness.
I love video games : )

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 years ago#8
r_u_mad_bro posted...
Haha nice. I guess PETA has no problems with a pirate lifestyle, since they didn't complain about that.

They've shown again and again they don't care about people, just animals.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: BingSanpao

BingSanpao
4 years ago#9
That's awesome.

User Info: homestyles

homestyles
4 years ago#10
Akiba69 posted...

Well-put.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Ubisoft to PETA: "We do not condone whaling"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived