This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

True or False, you buy almost all your games via digital download now a days.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. True or False, you buy almost all your games via digital download now a days.

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
4 years ago#71
At present, it's "True", for me... but only because I have very few "Retail games" that I care about (those ~are~ purchased only in disc form), and have been using Bing Rewards to buy all of the XBLA titles, Add-ons, and DLC that I want... so it's all free.

Though, the next game that comes out in disc form, that I want, will bring us back to "False"... I like having the physical disc, just in case the servers go down, or in case I'm wanting to play 100% offline (which you can't do with some DD games).

User Info: KtuluheroII

KtuluheroII
4 years ago#72
Gone PC so it's 100% true.
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png

User Info: ParadiseRegaind

ParadiseRegaind
4 years ago#73
Hell no. You always want physical media you can reinvest. Only a fool permanently throws away their money on a digital license that you don't own.
The Wing Commander series is my favorite of all time...
360/PSN: ParadiseRegaind

User Info: The Top Crusader

The Top Crusader
4 years ago#74
I own quite a few physical games for the 360 but as GoD has evolved and the prices have gone down I've gotten quite a few. It's cool to have a physical copy of something, but I generally am only going to play through most games once so if its really cheap on GoD it's fine with me... plus I really like being able to flip between different games via the 360 instead of switching discs in and out. I wish they'd just let you load discs and play from the HD for physical copies of games.
----
-----

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
4 years ago#75
The Top Crusader posted...
I own quite a few physical games for the 360 but as GoD has evolved and the prices have gone down I've gotten quite a few. It's cool to have a physical copy of something, but I generally am only going to play through most games once so if its really cheap on GoD it's fine with me... plus I really like being able to flip between different games via the 360 instead of switching discs in and out. I wish they'd just let you load discs and play from the HD for physical copies of games.

I agree with you here... especially the part about how it'd be nice to just load up the disc image to your hard drive, and play from that. When I had heard the news (forever ago) about us being able to "copy our discs to the HDD", I was beyond excited about it... and then I saw that all it did was "cut down loading times on some discs, but still required the disc to play the game", and was less than enthusiastic about it. I don't even use the feature now, since it's a pointless space eater.

User Info: dcn2424

dcn2424
4 years ago#76
DarkPhoenix424 posted...
Hell no. You always want physical media you can reinvest. Only a fool permanently throws away their money on a digital license that you don't own.

This

User Info: videogameking33

videogameking33
4 years ago#77
nope not for me
Currently Playiing: Spec Ops: The Line (360), Sly Cooper: TiT (PS3), NSMBU (Wii U)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29

User Info: dcn2424

dcn2424
4 years ago#78
Perfect Light posted...
Hell no. I like actually owning my games.

This
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. True or False, you buy almost all your games via digital download now a days.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived