This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Loot rpg?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: stekim40

stekim40
4 years ago#1
Hi,

I'm looking for a loot drive rpg for the xbox, I have Sacred 2 but I'm getting a little bored of it now and fancy a change.

Any recommendations?
Playing: Ni no kuni, Far Cry 3, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3

User Info: jetfreak4

jetfreak4
4 years ago#2
A simple answer would be the Borderlands Series or Dragons Dogma

User Info: TheBlueStig

TheBlueStig
4 years ago#3
Kingdoms of Amalur
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

stekim40
4 years ago#4
jetfreak4 posted...
A simple answer would be the Borderlands Series or Dragons Dogma

I personally see Borderlands as more of a shooter/fps than rpg but thats me. DD I've played. Was fun.

Thanks anyway

stekim40
4 years ago#5
TheBlueStig posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

That's loot based? Oh, I didnt know that, I thought it was fixed loot like Skyrim.

Thanks

User Info: deathrow93

deathrow93
4 years ago#6
TheBlueStig posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

I second this.

I've heard people didn't like Kingdoms of Amalur but I enjoyed it quite a bit. And since you're looking for the looting, KoA is a game for you.

User Info: MaDHat

MaDHat
4 years ago#7
Borderlands is alright, but you just find guns and stuff.. no gear or anything. Kingdoms of Amalur is good if you can get it cheap. Lord of the Rings: War in the North is supposed to be pretty good.

User Info: jetfreak4

jetfreak4
4 years ago#8
Also try getting some JRPGs like Hyperdimension Neptunia or Atlier Ayesha. Personally I have Neptunia Victory coming in on Monday so I can't say how much "loot" it would have. One thing for sure is that they both have a robust crafting system. FYI Ni No Kuni, most of the best loot is given to you during the Bounty Hunter quests which is lame.

User Info: deathrow93

deathrow93
4 years ago#9
stekim40 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

That's loot based? Oh, I didnt know that, I thought it was fixed loot like Skyrim.

Thanks

Sorry for a second post.

It is very random loot and you won't have enough room for it all even with your house chest.

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#10
stekim40 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

Thanks

It's loot based-- some is fixed, and you can craft, but there's a lot of cool unique loot in the game. Dragon's Dogma is also a good one, and the game's better overall, IMO. Still, the gear in KoA is especially visually cool.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived