This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would $70 games deter you from buying?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Would $70 games deter you from buying?

User Info: robirmingham

robirmingham
4 years ago#1
If full retail games cost $70 for the Xbox 720, will that deter you from making some purchases?

http://flydrs.com/70-video-games-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/

I recall how some games cost this much for Super Nintendo / Genesis back in the day. I think Street Fighter 2 Turbo was $74.99 actually.
www.flydrs.com Video game reviews, previews, and info.
https://www.facebook.com/theflydrs

User Info: Griff

Griff
4 years ago#2
The standard $59.95 deters me from buying, at $65 w/tax I have absolutely no problem waiting a month or so for the better deals.

I would never pay $70+ for a game, ever, that's...just......insane!

User Info: Xivios

Xivios
4 years ago#3
Erm, well, no, but only because $60 games already deter me with a near 100% success rate. I may buy GTA5 at full price, but that is the only game in the foreseable future for me, and previous to this post, I haven't paid full price in months. The last "big" purchase for me was ETS2, at about $23.
What do you want from me?

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#4
No. If I wanted a game day 1 I'd still buy it day 1. Allowing for inflation it's less than I was paying for games 20 years ago.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
4 years ago#5
No, because I don't buy 10 or more new games a year at full price anymore, like I used to.

This year I've bought two new games, and only GTA V is a guaranteed day-one buy for the rest of the year. Everything else doesn't interest me, or I'll wait until its reduced in price.

So I can live with $70 next-gen.
Please leave a message. I'm getting high on the digital Crack known as Minecraft.
Hail HYDRA!

User Info: HandGod

HandGod
4 years ago#6
No. If I wanted a game day 1 I'd still buy it day 1. Allowing for inflation it's less than I was paying for games 20 years ago.

Pretty much exactly this. Games are pretty cheap these days, all things considered.

While I look for the best deal possible, if none are available and I don't have the patience to wait, I'll still buy the games I'm most interested in relatively close to release.

User Info: liam_000

liam_000
4 years ago#7
People will always be against price rises, but as you said games have been the same price for so long now its only right there is a rise eventually.

Here in the UK i was buying PS2 games in 2002 for the same price I'm buying 360 games now, a decade later.

In that time the National minimum wage has doubled, yet the prices remain the same. Im having a hard time thinking of anything other than videogames that i can get for the same price now as i could back in the early 00s
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.

User Info: AnotherSomebody

AnotherSomebody
4 years ago#8
Assuming everything else about the system is fine (i.e: no online requirements, no used game blocking, no forced kinect, full backwards compatibility, etc...) then I'd be fine with that.
MAKIN' BACON PANCAKES

User Info: Xechs

Xechs
4 years ago#9
I don't mind as long as I find value in it.

I wonder if people that are upset with prices more then usual are ones that can't rent due to recent changes in rental market over the years. A lot of games are short enough to beat on a weekend which is like $4 and for a month is like $18 (good for playing multi while community is still alive). I'm lucky to actually have blockbusters and redboxes around.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier

User Info: TheBlueStig

TheBlueStig
4 years ago#10
I refuse to buy at full price anymore, I'll wait for a price drop no matter what.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Would $70 games deter you from buying?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived