This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BK: Nuts and Bolts...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. BK: Nuts and Bolts...

User Info: stapler87

stapler87
4 years ago#11
Arucard05 posted...
and Nuts & Bolts isn't called Banjo Threeie (or whatever stupid name they would have gone with). Though in N&B's case, I think it's less of a genre swap than most fans are willing to admit. The goals are largely the same, you simply have more freedom in how you pursue them.

I've gotta agree with this. I loved both Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, but I also enjoyed Nuts and Bolts. Granted, the gameplay is obviously different... but it still has that same Banjo-Kazooie "spirit" that hooked me on the first two.

I think most of us would have loved to see a "Banjo-Threeie," but you shouldn't let that prevent you from playing one of the must original games this gen.

Give it a try. If you don't like it, fine. But at least give it a shot.
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#12
fiasco86 posted...
...is the same price on the Xbox Marketplace as BK and BT. I find that a little telling.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I haven't yet played N&B.

Yeah, I find it telling you that you're getting a great deal. It's better than any Banjo game. A true, unique, and imaginative game, which is rare these days.
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care

User Info: creep50

creep50
4 years ago#13
it dosnt even compare to kazooie and tooie the game overall is pretty terrible...the animation is just strange

i am not usually a big fan of this guy but i think he pretty much sums it up:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l69BP1uhlMs
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4

User Info: ponderingcow

ponderingcow
4 years ago#14
Nuts and Bolts is very bad, it is nothing like any banjo kazooie game and has the worst driving mechanics ever

Glad I played a friends copy and didn't buy that

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
4 years ago#15
I didn't think N&B was a particularly good game. Not just because it wasn't what I was expecting (or wanting), but also because for a game based around physics I found it wanting. The game makes it so user friendly for almost anything to work, that once you have a decent bike/car/heli there's no incentive to make any more, unless you're really into that aspect of the game, which I know some people do love that sort of thing.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: RPG_Apostle

RPG_Apostle
4 years ago#16
ponderingcow posted...
Nuts and Bolts is very bad, it is nothing like any banjo kazooie game and has the worst driving mechanics ever

Worst driving mechanics ever?

You, sir, are a filthy liar.

I give you: Deadly Premonition.

CASE CLOSED, SIR!
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator

User Info: headwounds13

headwounds13
4 years ago#17
ponderingcow posted...

CASE CLOSED, SIR!

Still better than Mafia.
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/headcase.html
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#18
RPG_Apostle posted...
ponderingcow posted...

CASE CLOSED, SIR!

As much as I love The Saboteur, the driving was impossible for me to enjoy.
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care

User Info: fiasco86

fiasco86
4 years ago#19
SunDevil77 posted...
fiasco86 posted...
...is the same price on the Xbox Marketplace as BK and BT. I find that a little telling.

Yeah, I find it telling you that you're getting a great deal. It's better than any Banjo game. A true, unique, and imaginative game, which is rare these days.

I believe that N&B is a good game. I do not believe it is better than BK and BT. I've played the demo, and I certainly didn't get that vibe. Granted, I haven't played the whole thing, but the general opinion of the interwebs seems to be the same.
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY

User Info: lostnumberwar

lostnumberwar
4 years ago#20
fiasco86 posted...

Then play it and make your own judgement.
Here. free demo.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Banjo-Kazooie-N-B-Demo/00000000-0000-400d-80df-00014d5388aa

Now come back when you have an opinion about the game and not the price.
The price tells no-one nothing about anything.
The preceding message has been brought to you by Spite.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. BK: Nuts and Bolts...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived