This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sell me Terraria.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Sell me Terraria.

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
4 years ago#1
I'm interested in it, it looks really good, and the demo was pretty fun. But open games with no goal usually don't last long for me (see: Minecraft), so what can I expect in Terraria to be different more interesting?
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma

User Info: bluehat94

bluehat94
4 years ago#2
It's more Videogame-y than a game like Minecraft, in that there is a goal of sorts, which is to get through all of the bosses and to reach hard mode, where you then defeat 3 more bosses.
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
4 years ago#3
Eh anything else? My biggest concern is that it won't hold my interest.
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
4 years ago#4
It's a crappy version of MInecraft
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428

User Info: bluehat94

bluehat94
4 years ago#5
I enjoyed making all kinds of new weapons in it, it's one of the things that kept my interest.
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."

User Info: shuggyconehead

shuggyconehead
4 years ago#6
Dude if you liked the demo then buy it. Stop wasting everyone's time to convince you.

You said it was fun so pick it up.
GT:shuggyconehead

User Info: darkhare

darkhare
4 years ago#7
glassghost0 posted...
It's a crappy version of MInecraft

pretty much this.

Cynicism is easy and has no commitment. That's why so many people do it on gamefaq

User Info: liquidblue4

liquidblue4
4 years ago#8
2D Minecraft, more combat oriented. Combat is better and so are the enemies. Pretty fun for a while, but quickly becomes an exercise in tedium simply because its 2D.
Progression is very slow and the game does seem incredibly pointless.
Theres a good game in there but it requires some extra push to find it.
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#9
I was interested, but I have to confess after the demo I'm disappointed. I'm think the solution is Castle Miner Z.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Sell me Terraria.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived