This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop price gouging

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Gamestop price gouging

User Info: BuyersRemorse55

BuyersRemorse55
4 years ago#1
Dead Space has been $20 or less for a while now. Now I see its up to $30 just cause part 3 came out recently.

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
4 years ago#2
No, it's because it's harder to come by. I haven't seen a non platinum hits version in years
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428

User Info: secondhand1

secondhand1
4 years ago#3
I'm pretty sure you don't understand what price gouging is.
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.

BuyersRemorse55
4 years ago#4
glassghost0 posted...
No, it's because it's harder to come by. I haven't seen a non platinum hits version in years

Boulderdash, I've seen it plenty of times about the last couple years.

User Info: FredSavage27

FredSavage27
4 years ago#5
Maybe you should have bought it before a sequel increased the demand. Or if it's just GameStop, buy it somewhere else.

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
4 years ago#6
This isn't the first time I've seen them do it. It makes me upset because I think: I should have bought it when it was 10 dollars.

I cannot remember the name of the games, but I remember asking the clerk why the price went up and he said demand or something.

They are a business, of course they will try to make money out of a game if is harder to come by and the popularity is going back up.
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES

BuyersRemorse55
4 years ago#7
FredSavage27 posted...
Maybe you should have bought it before a sequel increased the demand. Or if it's just GameStop, buy it somewhere else.

You maybe be right. I also recollect Mass Effect 1 going up in price past the $20 mark it had been at for a few years when ME3 came out. Luckily though ME1 is for retail at a lot more stores and was easily buyable for $20 at Target, Walmart and Kmart, even though Gamestop had the same version for $30 new and was selling used for the good old $3 dolla discount at $27.

User Info: BigReed

BigReed
4 years ago#8
People really do look for reasons to hate gamestop.
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.

User Info: kingbahamut83

kingbahamut83
4 years ago#9
Ultimate alliance gold edition is harder to find. I had it, traded it, and went to buy it again (regrettable trade), now its 30 bucks. Popularity was the reason I was given.
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
The R in my tag is apparently invisible in COD to everyone.

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
4 years ago#10
lol I love your name buyersremorse. >_<

I forgot what thread people were arguing about, I think it was GOW:J. Someone made a thread asking if people have buyers remorse. You came in and said nope.

He then quoted you and said your name is telling him different. It made me lol. :P
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Gamestop price gouging

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived