This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever given a game another shot?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Have you ever given a game another shot?

User Info: Res5

Res5
3 years ago#21
Always. I don't trade or sell my games so keep them forever. Sometimes it takes a specific window to make me like a game but if I can enjoy a game once, I will enjoy it forever.

Point in case: Sentinel Returns and The Amazing Sea Monkeys. I suck at both of these games and didn't understand the former for years but when I played them at just the right time I thoroughly enjoyed them. Took me like 8 years to do that though.

I don't think it has anything to do with lowering my expectations either because I don't ever go into any game, regardless of legacy or developer, with any sort of expectations except that I will enjoy it. Someday, at least.

Being more familiar with a game a second time around does help with the enjoyment factor. When the confusion has worn off you find yourself exploring new strategies and when you go back to the beginning of a game again you rip through it with new knowledge and it makes you appreciate it more.
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com

User Info: The Waynos Bum

The Waynos Bum
3 years ago#22
Splatterhouse. I just wasn't feeling it when I first player. After two days I just got to level 5 and put the game away. Two months later I trying out again and this time loved it. The next day I finished the hardest difficulty and completed all the challenge rooms. I guess when I started I wasn't in the mood for the use of language in it or something.
Canya a l'Europa del capital!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Have you ever given a game another shot?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived