This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the wireless Microsoft mic any good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is the wireless Microsoft mic any good?

User Info: tadashii18

tadashii18
4 years ago#1
Was thinking about buying one since all I have right now to use is my Kinect sadly

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FMLXW2/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AYLHZI8JBR9AZ
"Only fools believe in the goddess' ways." Lightning, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Pokemon Black 2 FC:[Derrick] - [3783 6998 1893]

User Info: JRS511

JRS511
4 years ago#2
It's ok. Gets uncomfortable as hell after a while though.
"Life owes you nothing. You owe yourself everything."
-Corey Taylor

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
4 years ago#3
As someone who has had one for nearly five years, I can tell you that It has it's cons, and it's pros...

Pros:
+Decent battery life. Seriously, I can be online talking to friends in party chat for well over eight hours on a full charge.
+Acceptable recharge time. It tends to take around six or more hours for it to fully charge... easily handled by just charging while asleep.
+Has "decent" range. I can be two rooms over from my Xbox 360, and still remain connected without issue.
+Decent audio quality. I am hard of hearing, and the wired microphones make it VERY hard for me to hear people clearly. That's not the case on the wireless.

Cons:
-Sometimes randomly decides to desync with the console. Meaning you end up with people talking through your TV/Stereo while it resyncs.
-Sometimes completely spazzs the f*** out, and not only desyncs, but won't resync without manually using the "sync" buttons.
-If you step out of range of the console, you will cut in and out horribly until you return to console range.
-If you set your headset down (without muting it), it makes tends to make an ungodly amount of echo for the party... or it screeches.
-Excessive muting/unmuting can cause the headset to produce the godawful screeching sound for the entire party, without you knowing it.
-Depending on how well you place the earpiece, it WILL fall off of your head. Don't use while in the loo.
-Depending on how well you placed the microphone, people might have trouble hearing you.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I think it was a decent purchase... 60$USD, and it's lasted me five years? And I've only ever had problems with it a few times? That's better than I can say for the three wired microphones I've burned through.

User Info: RockguyKev

RockguyKev
4 years ago#4
I love mine. I agree with the comfort issue but it is easy to switch ears.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
4 years ago#5
I personally don't like using mine at all. I swear there are times where I'm talking and no one can hear me which gets annoying as hell. If I could actually trust it to work 100% of the time then it'd be great. Instead, I'm forced to use my old white wireless headset.
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.

User Info: Twinmold

Twinmold
4 years ago#6
It's awful.

It's very uncomfortable to wear due to the way it tightly hangs on your ear.

It also gets feedback from pretty much anything. Expect to hear a lot of people shouting at you to mute your mic. I've owned 2 and both of them had that problem.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is the wireless Microsoft mic any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived