This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Advertisement on Xbox Live.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Advertisement on Xbox Live.

User Info: Meta_Brawler

Meta_Brawler
3 years ago#1
How do you feel about advertisement on Xbox Live? - Results (210 votes)
I hate nothing more, I shouldn't have to see advertisement for a service I pay for.
34.29% (72 votes)
I don't mind/care about advertisement
49.05% (103 votes)
There's advertisement? I never see it.
8.57% (18 votes)
I LOVE ADVERTISEMENT!!! it not only informs me about new games/products but also gets me excited!
8.1% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I don't mind it, but why is it such a problem for people? It's not like youtube or some websites that make you watch them, at least you have a choice.
Gtag: BDCxMasterLinkx

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
3 years ago#2
It's never bothered me.

Maybe it's just my usage pattern, though. My Xbox is a game machine - I don't surf the net, or watch Netflix, or do anything else with it.

I put a disc in the tray and boot the game. The only time I do anything else is to grab a DLC or arcade title from the store. Advertisments have never interfered with me in any way.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: nothingbeast

nothingbeast
3 years ago#3
Don't know about other people, but my 360 starts with the PLAY DISK icon already highlighted. Simple press of the A button seems to bypass any ads.

Also, any non-disk game seems able to be pinned. Which is one icon down from the PLAY DISK icon.

I assume most of the people making the complaint of "I pay for this service and don't want ads" must not pay for a lot of services in the world. Seems pretty ridiculous expecting MS to be the only exception to the rule.

Hell, I can't even get my Gas Bill without an ad for a thermostat company.
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.

User Info: Insomaniac87

Insomaniac87
3 years ago#4
Where is the "Not this topic again" option?
Gamertag: insomaniac87

User Info: Geist

Geist
3 years ago#5
This will only end in an argument between non live users. They seem to be the only ones that really care.
Currently playing : Terraria

User Info: Arucard05

Arucard05
3 years ago#6
It's not like youtube or some websites that make you watch them, at least you have a choice.

Learn to internet.
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.

User Info: Badboy742

Badboy742
3 years ago#7
Your gonna see even more of them on the next console so I hope you Xbots enjoy them.

User Info: RineN1

RineN1
3 years ago#8
Badboy742 posted...
Your gonna see even more of them on the next console so I hope you Xbots enjoy them.

Im pretty sure no one has ever seen the new dashboard so...yeah, right
Back on topic, it doesnt bother me. The ads wont play until i select them so issue fixed, at least here
The squares are pretty small anyway
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Every time I log in here I lose some of my faith in humanity

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#9
Badboy742 posted...

I banged your sister. She enjoyed it.
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

User Info: moneyman80

moneyman80
3 years ago#10
SunDevil77 posted...
Badboy742 posted...

I banged your sister. She enjoyed it.

But did she have advertisements any place?
Not changing my sig until the New Jersey Devils win their fourth Stanley Cup. Started 5/13/11
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Advertisement on Xbox Live.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived