This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you are trying not to spoil for yourself?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games you are trying not to spoil for yourself?

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
4 years ago#1
I've watched one GTA V trailer... That's about it. Don't think I'll watch any gameplay at all... Just want things to be fresh. That's what I hate about the internet. We already know too much before a game is even launched. It's a good but also a bad thing. I love to be surprised by game with an item or something I had no idea it had in the game. I guess that's what made games like Tomb Raider and Zelda special back in the day.

So right now... I know 100% GTA V and Dark Souls 2 will be full price purchases for me, so I will try my best not to spoil myself :)

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#2
A Link to the Past 2 and Beyond: Two Souls at the moment.
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.

User Info: HawkerHurricane

HawkerHurricane
4 years ago#3
Metro Last Light
Political correctness is fascism with manners.

User Info: oisin111

oisin111
4 years ago#4
That's what I did for Mass Effect 3, but then I got one of the worst endings you could get because I didn't realise you had to scan planets for the war assets. I little knowledge isn't so bad going into it.

User Info: Coordinates

Coordinates
4 years ago#5
Beyond: Two Souls. I had to resist watching that 35 minutes gameplay video.
Also Heavy Rain. My PS3 crapped out with the YLoD near the end of the game. I refuse to check anything related to it.

User Info: JKSonic

JKSonic
4 years ago#6
Nothing right now...I don't really do that much anymore. And actually, I'm pretty sure I've read that studies show you actually end up enjoying something more if you spoil it a bit for yourself. When I was little I used to try and go in as fresh but I've found it's much more fun to spoil some small things while still keeping the mains tory spoilers a mystery.
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)

User Info: Perfect Light

Perfect Light
4 years ago#7
oasisbeyond posted...
That's what I hate about the internet. We already know too much before a game is even launched. It's a good but also a bad thing.

With a game like GTAV, there's no question I will be there at the midnight release. For some other games, however, I need to watch videos to make sure I'm not getting suckered into buying a stinker. New IPs and reboots and even some sequels need a lot of media to convince people to buy them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#8
Perfect Light posted...
oasisbeyond posted...
That's what I hate about the internet. We already know too much before a game is even launched. It's a good but also a bad thing.

With a game like GTAV, there's no question I will be there at the midnight release. For some other games, however, I need to watch videos to make sure I'm not getting suckered into buying a stinker. New IPs and reboots and even some sequels need a lot of media to convince people to buy them.

Exactly. I am glad we have resources to assure that we get a good game.

Gone are the days that I run home excitedly with a new copy of Quest 64 and pop it in expecting an amazing game.
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.

User Info: NejiHyuga900

NejiHyuga900
4 years ago#9
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, if it ever comes out. I already ruined my horror experience with Amnesia: The Dark Descent by watching 5 or 6 playthroughs of it before playing it (I actually sped run through The Dark Descent on my first time playing).
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
Gandalf the Istari 4 years ago#10
Bravely Default mostly.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games you are trying not to spoil for yourself?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived