This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I still think Microsoft made the d-pads crappy on purpose.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I still think Microsoft made the d-pads crappy on purpose.

User Info: Enix Belmont

Enix Belmont
3 years ago#11
NeVaRmoore posted...
You think the xbox d pad is bad, go play a Dreamcast. Love the system, my thumb doesn't.

I've spent more time with the dreamcast d-pad than any other, so maybe it's why I didn't have a problem adapting to the 360's d-pad.
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.

User Info: BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat
3 years ago#12
Paragraphs dude, your Return key can be used for them!

I wanted to, but I couldn't think of good places to separate them.
I know it's an additional $50 for the controller, but the Razer Onza controllers make MK and Injustice so much better.

Are you ****ing serious?!! Didn't I just say...
*Looks it up.*
Oh, it's not an arcade controller. Hmm. I think I've see this before, but I guess I can give it another look. It might be hard to actually get it new for less than $80 but, you know, I'll look into it.
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.

User Info: MashYouGood

MashYouGood
3 years ago#13
Playing a fighting game with a D-pad is drain damage incarnate. That even applies to today's watered down, skill devoid gamer pandering, insulting 2-button super laden, casual fighters.

The D-pad works as an inventory and menu management button just fine. It's all it was ever intended to be with the 360 joypad.

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
3 years ago#14
Since when does the slim have a good d-pad? It's just as crappy as the regular 360's one was.

I'm guessing you are referring to the transforming d-pad, and that sure as heck didn't come with my console.

User Info: RollnThunder213

RollnThunder213
3 years ago#15
Because the disc based D pad could possibly be I don't know, a company trying to be innovative and possibly create something that works better. You could argue the success of that or not, but at least they tried.

I don't mind to the D pad at all, the games I play sometimes have radial menus that are accessed through the D pad and being able to continue to hold it down and rotate over is better than letting it go to hit another direction. So in that respect I prefer the disc based design to an only four direction pad.

A traditional D pad only is needed for those who play fighting games, of which is a tiny fraction of the total population of gamers on the Xbox, and anybody playing a fighting game and wants to seriously be competitive in any way will buy an arcade stick. MS should design a controller that has traits the majority of its base will use, right?
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213

User Info: Ironcondorz

Ironcondorz
3 years ago#16
You do know all of the different d-pad designs are patented and used exclusively by their owners right? (like Nintendo)

User Info: zyxomma100

zyxomma100
3 years ago#17
You do know all of the different d-pad designs are patented and used exclusively by their owners right? (like Nintendo)

There have been many different D-Pads used on official Microsoft-produced and patented hardware (some predating the Xbox), and the original 360 D-Pad is the worst.

User Info: BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat
3 years ago#18
Playing a fighting game with a D-pad is drain damage incarnate. That even applies to today's watered down, skill devoid gamer pandering, insulting 2-button super laden, casual fighters.

Then there are those who seem to think arcade-style controllers are the only way to play a fighting game and think very little of anyone who would rather use a traditional gamepad.

Well, the gamepad has always been my preferred method of playing almost all types of video games, the exception being first person shooters (mouse and keyboard), third-person shooting games like BloodRayne that act like first-person shooters, and whatever you call those games where you can move your character independently of the cross-hair like Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (a great use of the nunchuck and Wii remote - I wish they'd remake Wild Guns and have it play that way).
I don't like using steering wheels for driving games (I can't stand racing games for Wii that require the use the remote steering method), I can easily play most games on an arcade cabinet with a joystick but would probably prefer a gamepad if that was ever an option (it actually was on an SNES 3-in-1 arcade unit), and I didn't care much for video games in general before NES controller came along. Atari 2600 was a very mild hobby at best.
If you have a problem with that, then that's on you.
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 years ago#19
Does MS even make an official fight stick? I've only seen third party ones.
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child

User Info: SparkItUp

SparkItUp
3 years ago#20
Link43130 posted...
that takes too much effort to read
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I still think Microsoft made the d-pads crappy on purpose.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived