This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Slim Open tray problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox Slim Open tray problem

User Info: BrutalBrocken

BrutalBrocken
3 years ago#1
My Xbox 360 Slim is experiencing what seems like a common problem.
When it put a game in it reads for a few seconds then says OPEN TRAY, a few of my friends are having this problem also. I read on youtube about various solutions and I'm trying to get other peoples advise. I'd rather not spend another $200 to get a new Xbox or $99 for Xbox to take a month to fix it. Thanks
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken

User Info: Sturmmann20hz

Sturmmann20hz
3 years ago#2
Any solution you get from here or Youtube will just be temporary anyway. Just send it to Microsoft and play your PS3 in the meantime.

BrutalBrocken
3 years ago#3
yeah, it all seems temporary. most of the solutions involve hitting it or tearing it apart and moving the laser around

BrutalBrocken
3 years ago#4
Bump for the morning people

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 years ago#5
Any solution will be temporary?
The big solution would be to open up the Xbox and replace the DVd drive with a brand new one. That's hardly temporary and it's exactly what MS would end up doing, assuming they don't ship you a refirb.

Honestly, replacing the DVD drive is one of the easiest home repairs you can do on a 360.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

User Info: NeVaRmoore

NeVaRmoore
3 years ago#6
Dragon Nexus posted...
Any solution will be temporary?
The big solution would be to open up the Xbox and replace the DVd drive with a brand new one. That's hardly temporary and it's exactly what MS would end up doing, assuming they don't ship you a refirb.

Honestly, replacing the DVD drive is one of the easiest home repairs you can do on a 360.

Except it's not a simple swap and he may not be comfortable flashing a new drive or removing the board from the faulty one.

User Info: LINK676

LINK676
3 years ago#7
I had this issue with my first slim and the only thing I could do to get it working was hit the console with my controller as the tray was closing and being read. After sending it to Microsoft and getting a replacement I haven't had any problems since.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
3 years ago#8
I had this issue with one slim, happened really early on and I got it replaced... never happened with the new one, I have another one as well and that one has been running like a champ.

old models I'd get Open tray every 3-4 months like clockwork.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.

BrutalBrocken
3 years ago#9
I destroyed it, now to buy a new one

User Info: Lucha_Villa

Lucha_Villa
3 years ago#10
SMH people who don't wanna learn to replace/repair their game systems.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox Slim Open tray problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived