This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have had 4 replacement slim consoles (graphics issue)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I have had 4 replacement slim consoles (graphics issue)

User Info: Darkest_Souls

Darkest_Souls
3 years ago#21
United_States posted...
Topic creator, I am so glad you noticed this! I got my slim Xbox when it first came out, and I also noticed that the lines were completely not smooth and stuff compared to my old white one. I tried searching online forever for why this was happening and I even sent it in to Xbox support thinking they could fix it. But nothing was ever fixed. I'm used to the jagged lines now that it's been a few years, but I still have no idea why it got worse. I tried showing the jagged lines to the other people I live with, but they thought I was crazy.

I am glad I am not the only one!

Yeah literally the same day I got the Slim and I took out the old white xbox I noticed there was a glaring immediate difference right away and all my settings were the same and I ever toyed around with the settings but it was still a pain to look at. I have somewhat gotten used to it but its really ridiculous that they advertise it was the same console when in reality they changed some things.
You said I am great. The feeling isn't mutual.

User Info: Lucha_Villa

Lucha_Villa
3 years ago#22
Bro I wish you took pictures of the pre-slim xbox during gameplay.

Darkest_Souls
3 years ago#23
Lucha_Villa posted...
Bro I wish you took pictures of the pre-slim xbox during gameplay.

Me too, it is long gone now. It is just nice to know I am not the only one with a problem like this and it is funny how you started out by saying I was making all this up but you jumped the gun way too early. I love to play Xbox games but I dont want the experience hampered by unnecessarily lower quality graphics on supposedly the same console as before.

User Info: googler

googler
3 years ago#24
I tried with a slim and and a launch Japanese console through VGA and both are the same. Tried Dead Space 2, and A.Creed Revelations, and Bioshock Infinite

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 years ago#25
I have an elite and my brother in law has a slim

I used his slim for a few days while I was waiting for a wireless adapter and I can say with 100% certainty there is zero graphical difference between the two consoles

you're either attempting to troll us of you've convinced yourself you're seeing something you're not

User Info: Spidey555

Spidey555
3 years ago#26
There is 0 difference. It is all a digital feed.

I have a slim and a white old console and 0 difference. However it may be your tv, did you get a new one recently? Some tvs are better than others.
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555

Darkest_Souls
3 years ago#27
Spidey555 posted...
There is 0 difference. It is all a digital feed.

I have a slim and a white old console and 0 difference. However it may be your tv, did you get a new one recently? Some tvs are better than others.

I actually tried this on 3 different tvs which led me to the conclusion that is probably the console and thats just the way it is. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason my white had better AA or something.

I just want it to away I could care less about trolling.

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
3 years ago#28
BeefEaster posted...
if the slims had inferior or different hardware they wouldn't be able to run the games at all

Actually, IIRC, the Slims do have different hardware.

They use a faster CPU, that is underclocked to run at the same speed as the original CPU.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: Spidey555

Spidey555
3 years ago#29
any way to overclock the cpu? or is that asking for trouble and will mess up games?
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
3 years ago#30
You want a system known to have overheating issues to generate even more heat?
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I have had 4 replacement slim consoles (graphics issue)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived