This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting 'Unreadable Disc' during installation

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Getting 'Unreadable Disc' during installation

User Info: geo_GASman

geo_GASman
3 years ago#1
I've just started playing through L.A Noire and decided to install all three discs to make it run quieter. Discs one and two were fine, but about 40% through Disc 3 I get the 'Disc unreadable' error. This means that if I play the game without installing the disc, disc three won't work right? Is there any easy solution to this? The disc doesn't look in too bad condition.
Deceit is a means to an end. Power is that end.

User Info: EarInfection

EarInfection
3 years ago#2
Give the disc a wipe over with a soft damp cloth, then again with a soft dry cloth then try installing again. If that doesn't help there are several things you can try, go to Google and search disc cleaning/repair.

User Info: casedawgz

casedawgz
3 years ago#3
My xbox started doing that in the weeks leading to an rrod.
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB

geo_GASman
3 years ago#4
So the disc not working during installation definitely means it won't work if I try to play it without installing it, correct?

geo_GASman
3 years ago#5
Bomp

User Info: Lightgamer

Lightgamer
3 years ago#6
geo_GASman posted...
So the disc not working during installation definitely means it won't work if I try to play it without installing it, correct?

Yes you are correct. You can try a few methods of "disc repair" yourself if you want to take the risk.

The less risky one that I find that works is the boiling in water method.
I have Bioshock 2, and I put it off for two years, mostly because I couldnt get into it, but there was a level that would never load and would then pop the disc unread bla bla. Installing would always end at 32% before saying the same bs. I recently tried the boiling method on Bioshock 2 and it worked! 100% installation, now I don't have to worry about the ***** not reading.
Xbox Live: GodintheGalaxy, PSN: EuphoricJudas
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Getting 'Unreadable Disc' during installation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived